Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where being fat is genetic but being gay is a lifestyle choice.

I saw that online today and just laughed my ass off. So true.

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I don't want to be the weird girl who runs around hugging strange lezzies in the meat department, but it's probably going to happen one of these days when I get too homesick for San Diego.

I have yet to see PDA from boys in my town (lots in the city though) but lesbian couples are pretty open here. It's a far cry from the SoCal suburb where my mom got fired when her boss saw her grocery shopping with her girlfriend.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

they are your family! And hey, if i wasn't so anti wal mart I would get my groceries there...cheaper!

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

It's one of very few places to get groceries around here so they're aren't many options. Lol

I swear every time I see a lesbian family I want to go up and hug them for being out in the Bible belt. I'm the child of a lesbian and a gay man so in a way, the GLBT is kind of my extended family.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

holy crap that's so much different than when I was there. That's fantastic. of course, most gay people where I live won't even shop at walmart lol

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I love my Bible belt town where gay families openly hold hands in Walmart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Sadly, it's harder for men to be out than women. Men tend to be bashed more, and killed more. People think lesbians are "hot" *eyeroll*

If someone came up to me and my wife and said "hey, i just wanted to say it's great that you guys are so out and in love and i want to hug you" we would totally hug them and talk about it for years.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I don't want to be the weird girl who runs around hugging strange lezzies in the meat department, but it's probably going to happen one of these days when I get too homesick for San Diego.

I have yet to see PDA from boys in my town (lots in the city though) but lesbian couples are pretty open here. It's a far cry from the SoCal suburb where my mom got fired when her boss saw her grocery shopping with her girlfriend.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

they are your family! And hey, if i wasn't so anti wal mart I would get my groceries there...cheaper!

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

It's one of very few places to get groceries around here so they're aren't many options. Lol

I swear every time I see a lesbian family I want to go up and hug them for being out in the Bible belt. I'm the child of a lesbian and a gay man so in a way, the GLBT is kind of my extended family.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

holy crap that's so much different than when I was there. That's fantastic. of course, most gay people where I live won't even shop at walmart lol

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Alright. I'm totally going to do it. Lol.

I miss my boys from back home. I'm a bit of a fruit fly so I've been going through withdrawals.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Sadly, it's harder for men to be out than women. Men tend to be bashed more, and killed more. People think lesbians are "hot" *eyeroll*

If someone came up to me and my wife and said "hey, i just wanted to say it's great that you guys are so out and in love and i want to hug you" we would totally hug them and talk about it for years.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

LOL@ fruit fly!

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Alright. I'm totally going to do it. Lol.

I miss my boys from back home. I'm a bit of a fruit fly so I've been going through withdrawals.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Omg that is crazy! I live in the middle but I also live a pretty liberal city.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

That's fantastic! I haven't been to the bible belt in about 6 years, but when I was there, i had servers refuse to serve me at restaruants because I'm lesbian. :) It's cool that it's getting better

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Being gay is more accepted than being fat where I am from and I live on the edge Bible  Belt...lol.

(depending on what boundaries you use)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Ruby-
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Hooray for NY, where being fat is a disease and being gay is a gift!

atyou
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I found out my cousin was gay at Walmart. She was kissing her GF. She confronted me at school told me not to tell the family.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I try and try and try....then I try to think of something serious and snot winds up everywhere.

The city I live in is very tolerant. My DD made me lol because her high school has a private bathroom for the six transgender students enrolled there and she spent her entire freshman year trying to find the bathroom. I know where it is, but I'm playing the long game.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

LOL try not to snot

Quoting talktojonell:

Cut.it.out.or.I.will.snot.laughing!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Bwahaha! "Dontchoo go tellin' Aunt Fannie i'm a muff diver!"

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

I found out my cousin was gay at Walmart. She was kissing her GF. She confronted me at school told me not to tell the family.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)