Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really hate judgmental b****es

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

There is this girl I go to school with and one of my teachers posted this on her facebook page. the teacher is talking about the shooting in colorado. *her* will be the girl i'm talking about then *me* will be me lol

Teacher: People really need to stop judging others sooo much. No one is perfect and everyone has their faults!!! It is in NO way the parents fault for what that bastard did to those families!!! He is to blame!!

Her: I wasn't blaming the parents was just saying it was a shame.... But yes I think a 6 year old and a 3 month old should not have been at a MIDNIGHT screening.

Teacher: I don't think its that big a deal, honestly. Other people have other ideas about parenting. I wouldn't neccessarily take kids that young either but not my place...

Me: People parent in different ways. What's wrong with kids going to a midnight screening? I used to go to the drive in with my parents when I was little. I take my kids to the drive in as well.

Her: Kids should be set on normal schedule,taking a kid to a showing that late at night throws them off, and thats not healthy ( just going off what all the doctors say ) For a 3 month old its insanly loud and thats why they cry and scream, its even too loud for most adults let alone a baby.....Yes I think 6 years olds should not be out at a showing that late at night, now if they were 10 maybe 11 I would think thats normal.

Me: But one night isn't going to throw a kids schedule off or ruin them. My 4 year olds love Batman. I don't think I'm a bad parent because I let them watch it.

Her: Taking them at midnight? and yeah it does throw them off, because then they sleep in way past normal time, then that throws off thier eating schedule, and nap time and then they dont really want to go to bed on time that night. I know there are different parenting types, but doesnt mean they are right. Like giving a 2 year old a sippy cup full of Mt.Dew 3 times a day is NOT a good parent. I know there isnt a maual but most things are common sense on raising a child.

Me: I think as long as a kid is getting fed and not being neglected then you are doing a good job as a parent. Not everyone can afford the very best for their kids. Not every parent is super strict with their kids. Yes I let my kids stay up late and let them drink soda and eat candy. I don't think it makes me a bad parent. My kids are fed, loved, and not neglected. As long as you are not beating your kids, starving them, or neglecting them then that is an okay parent.

Her: My son has a sprite maybe once a month and a few pieces of candy a week, I am by no means a strict parent but I'm not letting him run around like a whild animal either. If those are the standards of being a good parent then I am sad for how little someone how to do to be thought of as a good parent.

Me: Just because a parent gives their kids candy or soda does not mean they act like a wild child. I by no means condole that kind of behavior from my children. I don't give my kids candy and soda everyday. I had weight problems and do not want them to have those same problems. But people's standards are different. Doesn't make one parent better then another. I don't judge what someone does with their kids as along as they are not being beaten. I get that some people can't afford the best for their kids but do what is in their means to raise their kids how they see fit. 

This guy that came and shot up the movies didn't do it because he was fed candy or soda or stayed up late as a kid. There could be 100 different reasons. 

We can just agree to disagree on how we each parent. I'll continue raising my kids how I see fit to raise them. They are loved and well cared for. No I can't afford to feed my kids the very best organic food but they are fed healthy. I'll also continue to give them a soda and candy once in awhile (it's not every day). I'll let them stay up late and watch movies with me because sometimes that is the only time I have with my kids.

Her: I understand not everyone can afford the best for their kids, but then again that is not my fault. No matter what his reasons he still shouldnt have done it, Physical abuse isnt the only kind of abuse and there are many kind of neglect. You keep raising all of your children the way you see fit, and lets see how that works out for you.

Me: No one ever said it was your fault. 

Oh and can I barrow your perfect parenting 101 book since you have all the right answers...

Her: haha its called reading parenting books and common sense, I didnt say I was the perfect parent, I am learning new things everyday, and things are trials some work and others dont, but I make it a point to educate myself to give my child the best advantages in life...You should look into that :)

Me: I don't need to look into it. I am raising my kids the way I see fit to raise them. I don't need a book to tell me What is right and wrong. I know I'm a good mom and it doesn't matter what someone who doesn't know my life say. You have never walked in my shoes. You have never met my kids. I don't say you are wrong for how you raise your kid. I don't judge you for limiting your kid soda or candy or having a set schedule for him. It's none of my business. It's how you parent and as long as you love your kid and he's not being abused its no ones business how you raise him. Just like it's no ones business how I raise mine. So I don't think you should judge a parent for letting their kid stay up late. One night ever few months isn't going to turn a kid into a murder.

Me: oh and I'm done with this topic. Out of respect for Robin.

Her: Haha ok. I don't know what else to say because nothing will get through to you. And just because you are a mom doesn't mean you are qualified to be one:)

I didn't reply back after that. This girl is the most judgmental person I know. She will judge you for the type of shoes you wear or if your hair is a little greasy one day. I just got so irritated for her telling me that I am a bad parent because I let my kids have candy or soda. 

Sorry this was so long.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

you should not be friends with your teacher. talk about creepy.

militarywife09
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I would never take my kids out that late, but thats me. 

ittybit2012
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM
5 moms liked this

Sometimes I think that the parents that point out all other parents faults, harbor some guilt about their own parenting decisions.  They want to cast everyone else in a bad light to make themselves look better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Condone. Just took vicodin focus on your funny made up condole only and lots goin on about candyy
PerfectVirgo
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM

and she sounds like a bitch.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM

ehh  everyone judges. Many are to afraid to say it out loud. 

ginnjuice

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

umm maybe you should set those pills down.. :/ 

Quoting Anonymous:

Condone. Just took vicodin focus on your funny made up condole only and lots goin on about candyy

ginnjuice

sucker4myloves
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Obviously she is in college, no reason a woman who goes to college and has a professor her age shouldn't be friends with said professor.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Why'd you post it under you SN, too? Just curious.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like she's got an account on here, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured