Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish my son would just eat and it would be simple

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 57 Replies

Thankfully I have a pedi visit on Monday at 4 pm.

I am to the point where I am holding back tears again. He mainly eats 3-4 bites(approximately per meal). He just won't eat. I am exhausted. I have a newborn and then I have a son who has feeding issues. I can't think of when I posted this but anyhow he has done this for a month or maybe more. Oh and I have to sit right by him and encourage him. It takes all my strength not to yell. Yes, call me bad because Idc. At the moment I am venting and I am holding back tears.

There can be suggestions for foods, fattening foods but if he only takes 3 bites then really it hardly does any good. Lucky he will take carnation with cream but I don't want him living off of liquids. With smoothies I can't do anything with chunks because he hates the texture and he is not super fond of really cold food. Infact rarely does he eat icecream(unless it's mixed with  milk and he drinks it).

I am glad I will see a pedi on Monday.

I AM

FED

UP

I know I have posted this before and thanks for anyone listening. I am in knots. I don't know if they can take your kids away for this. I hear no but I have a hard time believing it. Our place is nice so I am not worried about that btw, just afraid that someone will think we are not fit just like those who are obese(kids).

I am sorry I am rambling. I have other issues going on so it makes it worse. I will think sometimes it's becuase he hasn't pooped but then even when he has a good poop he still does this so I can x that out.

okay I am all over the place and this will be hard for you all to read.

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

BUMP!

champagne_rose
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

BUMP!

KME445
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Have your son make a fist.  That's about how big his stomach is.  Small, frequent feedings are just as good as a bigger meal.  So 3 bites many times a day will get you there.

Most of all, don't turn this into a power struggle.  Toddlers (assuming they are neurotypical) are not capable of starving themselves to death.  So when he gets hungry, he will eat.  But if it becomes a war of wills, things will be much worse.

Good luck.

she_walk_softly
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Just let the stress go untill Monday you will get it figured out.You poor girl you have one that will not eat and the other will not sleep(hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Quoting KME445:

Have your son make a fist.  That's about how big his stomach is.  Small, frequent feedings are just as good as a bigger meal.  So 3 bites many times a day will get you there.

Most of all, don't turn this into a power struggle.  Toddlers (assuming they are neurotypical) are not capable of starving themselves to death.  So when he gets hungry, he will eat.  But if it becomes a war of wills, things will be much worse.

Good luck.

Thank you. I would  not be so concerned if he wasn't tiny. Last summer when he was just over year he was 19 lbs. He was bigger when he was a 10 month old baby. I got him up to 24 lbs but I know with my son it doesn't take long for him to lose the weight.

Sammi007
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

it will all be fine   hugs 

melisah83
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM
My son does the same thing he just picks at his food he is very under weight. I took him to his pediatrician and there is a medicine they can put a child on to help them have an appetite. Dont get upset its not your fault some kids are just that way. Its nothing you have done wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting she_walk_softly:

Just let the stress go untill Monday you will get it figured out.You poor girl you have one that will not eat and the other will not sleep(hugs)

awww thank you. Lucky for me, with dd, I found a way she will sleep but the thing is I am stuck close by. She loves tummy time and then sleeps on her tummy. If I need to be anywhere away from her for extended period then I can put her in her bassinet slowly.

champagne_rose
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Quoting melisah83:

My son does the same thing he just picks at his food he is very under weight. I took him to his pediatrician and there is a medicine they can put a child on to help them have an appetite. Dont get upset its not your fault some kids are just that way. Its nothing you have done wrong.

Thank you. How much did the med help?

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Did you ever look into the kiddieflorish??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN