Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor mom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

I find it pretty sad that when this horrible shooting occured at the batman movie, people are now bashing the young mom who brought her baby to the movie theatre. Like she was supposed to know there was going to be a shooting! I feel like people are so judgemental, I personally would not have taken my son to the movies at midnight at four months old, but just because she did that does not mean she is a bad mom! What since he was out past what they think his bed time is she is not a good mother? It's not like she brought her baby to a bar, and I'm sure her baby probably was just sleeping through the movie & would have left if he was upset. Somehow after all the tragedy the parents have witnessed they have still responded very classy to the rude comments about them bringing the baby to the movies, good for them. People need to let them grieve from the horrible tragedy, not bash them for bringing their baby to a movie theater. Geeeesh!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont care if she brought her baby to a midnight movie, I am just hoping she leaves that piece of shit father that left her and the kids behind and drove off..but she looks like she is standing by her man, even thos he only cared whether HE live dor died

sylvia613
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
What???? He ran and lefted his family behind.
Is that what I understood?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
While I wouldn't take my young children to a midnight movie, I don't judge another parent for doing it, however I will judge the dumb ass "father" that left her there with 2 small children and she had to call him to get him to come back. God help my husband if we were ever put in the same situation and he reacted the same way.
nikki32230
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I agree...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quoting sylvia613:

Yep, the story was on abcnews.com
AdellesMom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I agree. But, he proposed to her when they were in the hospital, and they're staying together. SMH

Quoting shivasgirl:

I dont care if she brought her baby to a midnight movie, I am just hoping she leaves that piece of shit father that left her and the kids behind and drove off..but she looks like she is standing by her man, even thos he only cared whether HE live dor died

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamimzy2
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I did not know this!!! What a horrible man!!!

As to the op, having been to many movies and know parents make all kinds of decisions I agree. Passing judgement on her does no good.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

No one actually knows how they'd behave when the adrenaline kicks in and they respond out of panic while in a fight or flight mode.  People say "I would such and such" and the fact is, they really don't know that.

However, I absolutely do find bringing an infant or toddler to a midnight screening of a film to be extraordinarily poor parenting for a variety of reasons. 

sylvia613
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Oh no !!! What a selfish coward.

Quoting Hellobabies:

Quoting sylvia613:

Yep, the story was on abcnews.com

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, not every child is gonna have the same bedtime, people have it in their heads that after sunset kids cannot be outside or awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)