Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor mom...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I find it pretty sad that when this horrible shooting occured at the batman movie, people are now bashing the young mom who brought her baby to the movie theatre. Like she was supposed to know there was going to be a shooting! I feel like people are so judgemental, I personally would not have taken my son to the movies at midnight at four months old, but just because she did that does not mean she is a bad mom! What since he was out past what they think his bed time is she is not a good mother? It's not like she brought her baby to a bar, and I'm sure her baby probably was just sleeping through the movie & would have left if he was upset. Somehow after all the tragedy the parents have witnessed they have still responded very classy to the rude comments about them bringing the baby to the movies, good for them. People need to let them grieve from the horrible tragedy, not bash them for bringing their baby to a movie theater. Geeeesh!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I know when we were at an outdoor carnival three explosions went off, smallones, we thought it was gunfire, my dh covered our twins with his body, he didnt throw them aside and head for the car 

Quoting Anonymous:

No one actually knows how they'd behave when the adrenaline kicks in and they respond out of panic while in a fight or flight mode.  People say "I would such and such" and the fact is, they really don't know that.

However, I absolutely do find bringing an infant or toddler to a midnight screening of a film to be extraordinarily poor parenting for a variety of reasons. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Which means that he learned how he responded on that particular day at that particular time. 

Quoting shivasgirl:

I know when we were at an outdoor carnival three explosions went off, smallones, we thought it was gunfire, my dh covered our twins with his body, he didnt throw them aside and head for the car 

Quoting Anonymous:

No one actually knows how they'd behave when the adrenaline kicks in and they respond out of panic while in a fight or flight mode.  People say "I would such and such" and the fact is, they really don't know that.

However, I absolutely do find bringing an infant or toddler to a midnight screening of a film to be extraordinarily poor parenting for a variety of reasons. 

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not willing to bash anyone from that tragedy. Period.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't taken any of my boys to the movies at midnight.. but I have taken my oldest to a midnight game release. He's 9 now, but the first time I took him, he was 6. (I'd take my other two, but they aren't into games as much so they wouldn't like it. ) 

Does that make me a bad parent too? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Wow I didn't even know that guy did that, that is horrrrrrible!! I just think the mom getting told she is a bad mom for bringing her baby to a movie theater is a little much, that's all.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:27 PM

yeah ok,defend the chicken shit coward that would put his 4 month old down and run to the car and drive off, and not come back untilhis girlcalls himon the phone

Quoting Anonymous:

Which means that he learned how he responded on that particular day at that particular time. 

Quoting shivasgirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

CaptainFeast
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I can't see how anyone could defend him. If it was my husband, he'd be g-o-n-e.

Quoting shivasgirl:

yeah ok,defend the chicken shit coward that would put his 4 month old down and run to the car and drive off, and not come back untilhis girlcalls himon the phone

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shivasgirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM

well, it is anon, it's probably the girl he left

Quoting CaptainFeast:

I can't see how anyone could defend him. If it was my husband, he'd be g-o-n-e.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shivasgirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Superheromommy4
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM
The only thing that was a bad decision in this situation was the father just "placing" his son down and getting the hell out of dodge without his family. And not staying outside to make sure his family was okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I know I held and breastfed my DSs like 24-7 for what like a year straight, lol, so it did not matter if I was at home, or the store, or the movie, I was parenting DS about the same.

Of course my children would have screamed the whole time as well . . . But that's a different issue, haha.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)