Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor mom...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I find it pretty sad that when this horrible shooting occured at the batman movie, people are now bashing the young mom who brought her baby to the movie theatre. Like she was supposed to know there was going to be a shooting! I feel like people are so judgemental, I personally would not have taken my son to the movies at midnight at four months old, but just because she did that does not mean she is a bad mom! What since he was out past what they think his bed time is she is not a good mother? It's not like she brought her baby to a bar, and I'm sure her baby probably was just sleeping through the movie & would have left if he was upset. Somehow after all the tragedy the parents have witnessed they have still responded very classy to the rude comments about them bringing the baby to the movies, good for them. People need to let them grieve from the horrible tragedy, not bash them for bringing their baby to a movie theater. Geeeesh!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Replies (31-39):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
No taking a 3mo old yo a midnight movie or any movie for that matter does make you a bad mom.. idgaf there is no reason for it and that poor child
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I say to each their own

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM

agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

No taking a 3mo old yo a midnight movie or any movie for that matter does make you a bad mom.. idgaf there is no reason for it and that poor child

AugustMidge
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Fear makes a person do crazy things, things that you'd never imagine doing. Can you really bash him for that. Granted I'd hope me SO would make a different choice but I actually feel that couple must be damn strong sticking together throughout this whole ordeal.

Quoting shivasgirl:

I dont care if she brought her baby to a midnight movie, I am just hoping she leaves that piece of shit father that left her and the kids behind and drove off..but she looks like she is standing by her man, even thos he only cared whether HE live dor died

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:12 PM

FUCKING THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

NoahandEliza
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll admit it, I took my then 5 year old to the midnight opening of New Moon. It's not a regular thing and he cried and begged to come with when I was getting ready. I don't give in to everything, but I figured this was something that would cause no harm and make him happy. If someone had come in shooting, I would have known my mistake and felt guilty forever. I doubt these parents need anyone to point that out, they blame themselves enough as it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Am not bashing, but it was midnight when the movie was gonna be seen. (it was an adult movie) so why bring a 6 yr old child to the movie?
a child that age should be sleeping at home not out.
but I guess people this days like leaving their kids out in late hours.
i live in an area where 2 & 6yr olds be playing at 12/ 3am (like nothing) and there parents are nowhere to be found..
last time a 2yr old got hit by a car outside at 12:48am
& 2 months ago a 10 yr old boy was walking to the store with his brother of 3yrs old at 10:26 pm and where both hit by a car crossing the street, the 3yr old died.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Was she or her children hurt? I know they went to the hospital but I didn't see the rest of the story? Didn't she have an older child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Not to mention too.. A few weeks ago some twins ages 8yrs old where shot at 11:17 playing outside.. When a shooting broke out in that block. Hitting them in the legs and arms and one directly in the left eye.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN