Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when to call it quits?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

been together for 5 years.... i have a 7 year old... i'm not happy. we tried to do date nights when we both had jobs/money.. but now, we lack money/jobs (he's jobless, my job isnt bringing in much money anymore)- we havent had a 'date night' since the beginning of June- although we are together 24/7 (i work from home).. idk if i love him anymore... yea- this is a slight spin off.. on that post, it says its not a reason for divorce.. but what about a reason to break up? 5 years is a LONG time. pretty sure we would've already been married if he felt he was the "big man" by bringing in all the money- and i didnt have such issues with marriage (i dont want to get married)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Replies (11-12):
BethRae
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Only you can answer that question. The fact that you're not married and your child isnt his makes it a lot easier. Just think about it long and hard. The fact that you have to think about it though makes me feel like he's not your soulmate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
21lisa72
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

he got laid off. he has a job lined up though- waiting for the training class to start. his new job is $9/hr- which is a $3 paycut, but its something... either way, i know if needed, i can always afford things on my own- from my own income and my own savings.

we arent married, but idk if 'breaking up' is the right thing to do

Quoting 21lisa72:

Why isnt he working?  First maybe try counceling but if you really want to divorce get his lazy but a jobbefore you divorce him or you just may have to support him and you dont want to have to do that because it is just ridiculas to pay a grown lazy man support.  So take it slow, hide some money and make im work no matter what it is than  serve him.  Oh in the meantime just meet with a lawyer to see where you are at.  You dont have to stay in a love less marriage for the sake of children, they are to smart for that.

Maybe you should make a list  of the pros and cons of the relationship.  See what side is longer nd if there is anyway that the con side can be fixed.  That may shed some light on problems that are really not such a big deal and may remind you of some pros you forgot of.

When you are having $ problems and are with each other all the time you can tend to wear on each others nerves,  I know when my husband is off for a few days he tends to drive me bonkers! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)