Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you spoiled?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 205 Replies
I grew up in a poor home. I had a teenage pregnancy and dh and I struggled for many years. He now makes a good living and because of our struggles he never wants to say no to me or the kids. Funny thing is I'm more spoiled than the kids. Lol. They have me telling them no occasionally to keep them grounded. No one tells me no. If I want to go away somewhere I book it knowing he will not say no. If I want to buy something I tell him and I know he'll get it for me. Once he did say no but that was only because he had already bought it for me for my bday. I was upset when he said no. I didn't argue but deep inside I was upset. That damn man spoiled me. He set my expectations too high and all my parents have taught me is gone.

Anyone else get spoiled by their dh and never was before him?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I DO!!!!  :)

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a material person, so I don't ask for stuff.  If we need something I just get it.  My husband never questions anything I do.  I don't consider him putting my needs before anything else to be spoiling we just have that type of marriage.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I was spoiled growing up. I can't say I am spoiled now because if I want something I don't just go out and get it. (nor would I want to) We do however, spoil our kids like crazy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Oh yeah every man should put their wife's needs first (and vice versa) That's just how a marriage is supposed to be.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I'm not a material person, so I don't ask for stuff.  If we need something I just get it.  My husband never questions anything I do.  I don't consider him putting my needs before anything else to be spoiling we just have that type of marriage.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM

No, I do not think I am spoiled in any way and I am okay with that. Both of my sisters are very spoiled by the husbands and well....they are pretty helpless. They both can have whatever they want. Neither one of them cleans their homes or cooks a meal except a few times a year. They both are treated like queens and both are miserable. They are both very lazy and nothing is expected from them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM
:)

Quoting Anonymous:

I DO!!!!  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I'm not a materialistic person but if I want something dh makes sure I get it. I'm spoiled in other ways I guess. My dh treats me very Very well. Seriously I have never met a wife that is treated better I will say I was spoiled in stuff by my parents but that stuff never mattered to me I never felt loved. I guess that's why things really don't mean anything to me now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's crazy. Im spoiled but I love cooking and cleaning so I do those things on my own. I take too much pride in caring for my family to leave it up to someone else.

Quoting PinkyPan:

No, I do not think I am spoiled in any way and I am okay with that. Both of my sisters are very spoiled by the husbands and well....they are pretty helpless. They both can have whatever they want. Neither one of them cleans their homes or cooks a meal except a few times a year. They both are treated like queens and both are miserable. They are both very lazy and nothing is expected from them.

Aspirel
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Ive been spoiled my whole life,I even spoil myself.If I want something I get it damn it even if blood is shed is involved!:p

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  But I was spoiled as a child also. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN