Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you spoiled?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I grew up in a poor home. I had a teenage pregnancy and dh and I struggled for many years. He now makes a good living and because of our struggles he never wants to say no to me or the kids. Funny thing is I'm more spoiled than the kids. Lol. They have me telling them no occasionally to keep them grounded. No one tells me no. If I want to go away somewhere I book it knowing he will not say no. If I want to buy something I tell him and I know he'll get it for me. Once he did say no but that was only because he had already bought it for me for my bday. I was upset when he said no. I didn't argue but deep inside I was upset. That damn man spoiled me. He set my expectations too high and all my parents have taught me is gone.

Anyone else get spoiled by their dh and never was before him?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
littleacorn
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Nope. I'm very much not spoiled. If I want something, I have to find a way to get it myself or do without. There just isn't money there for spoiling anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammylynn36
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I am not too much into material stuff, but every time I want something i usually get it.  The main way dh spoiled me was by getting a job that paid enough for me to stay home. He went and learned a trade that took him 5 years to become a journeyman. 

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I was spoiled up until my parents got divorced when I was 9. I can still remember the burning sensation of not getting my way lol.

I pretty much get whatever I want now- but I work for it too :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM
No. But then every card and check is in my possession and I rule the money because my husband can't comprehend a freaking tight budget to save his life. (he volunteered to give me the money) So being as I am the cheapest person alive, I don't get much of anything for myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

evidentally even a husband can create a spoiled rotten brat.

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

my life is opposite. I was spoiled as a kid and after I got married I soon had kids and it's all about everyone else, kids come first, kids get taken care of first. He didn't make too much and so I had to lower my expectations with little luxuries. I also had to move into an older house.  So I downgraded. We are doing good now after 12 years of marriage, just need to fix up our house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Dh is great at spoiling me. I'll admit, I guess I'm fairly materialistic. I just like nicer things! If he gets me a gift, it's the best of the best, luxury cars, nice purses, nice jewelry, and high end purses. In the last couple months I've gotten a new car, a Tiffany bracelet, an iPad, and a new coach purse, love that man!
b.futlz
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM

me.....i try not to be a spolied brat.....but our dd is more spolied lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Mcelly
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Not spoiled. I adapt very easily. I'd rather say privileged.
GingerNeeSmith
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

wearing crown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)