Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need $80 before 5pm tomorrow or we lose power *edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

I'm such an idiot I have no idea how I forgot to pay the stupid bill. I have never had an issue before and I have been in charge of our bills for a year. I just put my mixer on craigslist and our cat tree. I hope someone calls. I asked my Dad too but I haven't heard back yet. I'm so worried something won't come through. I don't want to tell DH either because he has been so irritable lately and I feel like every little thing annoys him. Crap crap crap!

My dad just came through. Thanks to all of you for your ideas. DH is at work with our only car so going out wasn't possible. I just moved to this area from another state and I needed to vent. I don't know anyone here but DH and his family. I would never accept money from strangers on the internet that isn't what I wanted at all.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Sorry :(  Have you called the company to see if you can get an extension or payment plan??

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Will they make payment arrangements???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you need to tell DH. He may get "irritable" but unless you have something to hide, 2 brains are usually better than 1 when it comes to a deadline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM
5 moms liked this

Forgetting to pay your bill for 1 month will not cause it to be shut off, it would take several months of non-payment.

Good try though, hopefully no one is dumb enough to send you any money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I didn't even think of that. I have no idea. It's just me being dumb so I don't think they will make an exception. I might try and call tomorrow morning if I can't get the money some other way

2012ArmyMom
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I hope everything works out for you.  Sorry you are going thru this.

.Diddles.
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Call the electric company and ask for an extension? If it's the first time they may be nice about it. Didn't you get a first warning though?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Gee thanks but I wasn't asking for money from anyone on here. Sometimes you just need to vent. But since life is happy happy joy joy for you I guess you wouldn't understand that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Forgetting to pay your bill for 1 month will not cause it to be shut off, it would take several months of non-payment.

kkmack
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Pawn something. Instant cash and you can go get it back when you get paid. Something like an iPod or a modest piece of gold or silver jewelry should get you 80 bucks if it's a fair shop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I was going to say the same thing

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN