Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH is going to miss this week's visitation...... question asked

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I wrong for not wanting to put my child and step child at risk in order to pick her up? If you think I am wrong, would you explain why and what I could do instead?

Options:

yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

My DH and his ex do every other week during the summer, DH's time starts today at 6 PM. His ex is leaving for her mom's house at 6 PM (she is riding with her sister) so if step dd isn't picked up on time, she will go with her mom and her mom won't be back until Sunday night, meaning DH will miss his whole visit. His ex is taking their DD on vacation next week so she can't trade weeks and doesn't want to trade any other weeks since summer is almost over anyway. So DH calls me and said there is NO WAY he will get out of work on time, he is supposed to get out by 5 but he said it will be at least 7. He is the supervisor so he can't just leave without anyone else in charge. Well he wants me to pick her up. The problem is, the mini van is in the shop, I am currently borrowing my moms car, it is a 4 seater. I have a 4 year old who is 28 lbs and still has to be in a car seat, me and DH have a 6 month old together and the front seats have air bags. He called his ex to see if she would let their DD ride in the front seat (their DD is 5) she said no, I don't blame her, I probably wouldn't do it anyway. So now DH wants me to have my DD not use a car seat and have both girls "double buckle" meaning they sit in the same seat together and use the same buckle. I will NOT do this. It is a 20 minute drive on major roads. Personally, I don't think SDD should be even riding in anyone's car without a booster but my DH and his ex think she is fine without one but I am not going to put the kids at risk. Now DH is saying that I don't love his DD and that I don't want her over. I have tried to come up with something else. I don't blame his ex for wanting to go by the CO and not changing her plans but it's not my fault either. Am I wrong for not wanting to put my child and step child at risk in order to pick her up? ************************************************************************ A lot of people suggested asking a friend to either pick up SDD or watch my kids so I can. I have called 3 friends, no one is picking up (one called back and said her and her DH were out of town) but I only found out about this at 4 so it's pretty last minute. We just moved in to our home so I don't know the neighbors well enough to ask them
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Oh and I would usually ask my mom to pick her up but my mom is out of town (which is why we get to borrow her car)
Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Could you go to your husbands work and switch cars (if his is bigger) or leave the baby with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Could you go to your husbands work and switch cars (if his is bigger) or leave the baby with him?

His car is the exact car as my mom has (different year and color) but it too is a 4 seater
Alliemad_3
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Explain to your husband that you are doing this BECAUSE you love her.

It sucks, but he may just have to miss it this time. It happens...

Can he work out a designated time to call her every night?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
super_mom_5
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM
can you have someone to watch your kids while you go pick your sdd up??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM

There is no way that I'd risk my child's life to pick someone up.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Can someone watch the other kids while you pick up SD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Explain to your husband that you are doing this BECAUSE you love her.

It sucks, but he may just have to miss it this time. It happens...

Can he work out a designated time to call her every night?

Yeah, that's what I have tried to tell him but all he hears is that I won't let my DD go without her car seat, not the part that I also won't let them share a seat belt FOR BOTH of their safety.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM

ask someone to watch the kids while you pick up sd

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

No, not at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)