Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those that say they are perfectly happy NOT being married to their SO...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have heard many of you say a marriage is just a piece of paper & that you are happy with the way things are & marriage might screw things up. I do have a question. If they asked you to marry them, would you say yes? or tell them no?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Bump
busymama777
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I never wanted to get married. Dh proposed, I said yes and planned a wedding. Freaked out and called it off. Planned another one a year later after realizing how it important it was to him. I didn't care about the piece of paper but he did. His feelings towards getting married were stronger than mine were against it. So we got married :)

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I was that girl. I did say yes. It is still just a piece of paper, the only things that changed were my last name and taxes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM

SO & I aren't married. He propsed when I was pregnant, but I said no. It felt as if he were asking only because I was pregnant. I didn't want that to be the reason. 

Now that we've had more time to get to know each other (yeah we were young & dumb & got pregnant fast), if he asked me to marry him I'd say yes. I'm content with the way our relationship is now, but at the same time I wouldn't mind moving forward either. 

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I take time. I can be difficult. My SO would marry me tomorrow if I said the word and that is not an exaggeration. He's an amazing man but I need my time to know fool proof he is it for me :) So many marriages fail these days and I want no part of that. 

blondie0234
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM

If he asked Id gladly accept..but we have both been through difficult divorces (him more so than me) and know that neither of us wanna rush. So if it comes up, great...if not..I'm happy just having him as mine

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

We've both discussed it and neither of us want to be married. The topic came up when numerous people began asking us when we plan on getting married. We talked about it, neither of us are interested, we agreed that we like how things are, and that's that. We have a great relationship, are completely monogamous, and have been together for over 5 years now. We own a car and a home together and obviously have children.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM
He did. We are engaged. With no wedding date yet. He's all gung ho about marriage and I'm not. I mentioned the other day that I wasnt interested on getting married at all. he took it well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:27 PM

oh girl...no you didn't.....lol....I can't wait to read this shit...

coala
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM

We were together for 9 years before mine proposed.  It took that long b/c of complications with his family.  I am happy waiting it out for now.  We both want a small wedding, but we want it to be perfect for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)