Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so glad I made the choice right for everyone at the time abortion story

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I got preg with my than boyfriend in march of 2001. When I found out we had an oops our reactions could not have been more opposite. I cried hysterically, he seemed almost happy. We had no money and were living in 1 room in a boarding house, and shared a bathroom with 4 other people. He had been working and going to college. His job wasn't one where he made a lot, it was minimum wage, and I had been searching for work for a long time and had only found a part time job as a vet assistant. We had so little, no kitchen either, and because we were not married I had no medical.

He begged me not to get an abortion but I knew what was best. We had no money, no help, etc. I wasn't going to bet that in 8 months things were going to turn around and everything was going to be perfect. Knowing we needed good jobs, medical insurance right away, a new apartment, tons of baby items like a crib, mattress, clothes, diapers, clothes, and so much more.

I knew my boyfriend would end up quitting school ensuring we kept a dismal future. I knew an abortion was the only way to fix it. I made the appointment, the initial one. Planned parenthood was a lifesaver for us, they had funds available for free abortions and we qualified. I filled out the paperwork, and saw a counselor, who explained all of my options.

I went home for a one week wait, which was mandatory so I could think about it.

The day before the procedure I went out and drank at a bar. I had a ton of liquor that night, because I was scared. The next day we went in and I had it done.

Now we have been married for almost 11 years and have 3 kids. I was right about waiting 8 months. It took my dh and I almost 2 full years to get things in order.

My dh thinks I had the abortion out of fear, but he is wrong. I had it because it was the right thing to do and the most responsible thing to do. Even with adoption, we had no way for me to get medical for the pregnancy no way to get prenatals and both of us did not want to add another child into the system, there are so many kids waiting to be adopted, no way would we have added to it.

Anyway, sometimes it is the right thing. My dh was thinking with his heart, ie it will somehow work out and I was using my brain, I knew it couldn't work.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

She should have had the baby, lived on PA and milked the system just like you do? She made the right decision for everyone!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it was the right decision for everyone except the baby that you murdered!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I think the dead murdered baby might have a different opinion!

Quoting Anonymous:

She should have had the baby, lived on PA and milked the system just like you do? She made the right decision for everyone!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it was the right decision for everyone except the baby that you murdered!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yes having the baby without medical was the right decision.

Right....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Quoting msjaxon:

If you qualified for a free abortion you qualified for free medical....

There were options... you chose abortion... You don't need to justify that abortion was your only option because it simply wasn't.... If it was what was best for you and your family cool beans but don't lie to yourself or anyone else, there is no reason.

Nope. Actually I couldn't get free medical, and I tried to get help several times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

You are right killing a baby is a better choice by far!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yes having the baby without medical was the right decision.

Right....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I think the fetus had no ability to think and go hmm I want to live. It had no clue what alive even meant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Well that's your opinion,  my opinion is that you killed a baby!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think the fetus had no ability to think and go hmm I want to live. It had no clue what alive even meant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it was. Everyone wants to adopt a perfect baby. No proper medical care during pregnancy and birth would make a great possibility that baby would be born with some illness and foster care facilities are filled with imperfect babies and children no one wants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

There was no "baby" just an unwanted pregnancy. U need new glasses if u cannot see the difference.
reesesami
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I had an abortion when I was younger for all the right reasons, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)