Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before CM, I was kind of a racist.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I never hated people, but I did jump to stereotypes and not bother with fixing them.

I'm not proud of this, it was how I was raised, and I knew it was wrong as I got older, but I couldn't really get over it. I grew up in a very Us/Them household in the south. You didn't hang out with black people. Period. Yes, my dad is an ass, and it's one of the reasons he has been cut out of my life. As I got older, I knew why I was wrong, but it is very hard changing something that has been so ingrained.

Then I joined CM. I came to realize that people are people. Period. That's it. In talking with others, I realized the person with the problem was me. And I learned how to let it go. I'm just sad it took me this long to change that about myself. I DO NOT want my children raised how I was. My children will never look down on others, no matter what, I hope. So thank you to some of you.

And that is my confession.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM
My "bf" asked my cousin if i was racist...i'm not i dont hate people of other races. I will admit i have a problem with most black people but its because of how i was treated in a school where black was the majority.
Lachrymose
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I think that's great.  :)  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I always respect people who are able to learn and grow.  Congratulations on expanding your previously limited view of the world and learning to see things in new and better ways!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Good for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

must not be a juicy enough confession!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Before cm I was nicer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN