Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What I hate about being a working mom

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
Monday thru Friday I only get to spend 2-3 hours a day with my DD. I miss her so much!! :( But if I don't work we will end up broke and on PA. That's not the example I want to set for my child. I will just have to deal or look for a dyeing, rich husband. Lol. I kid! I just miss spending the time with my baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I completely understand where your coming from. I used to always wish to be a stay at home mom. Four years ago I was in a car accident that left me permanently disabled. I am now a stay at hone mom but I can't do the things I would like to do with my boys. My grandma used to say be careful what you wish for. Guess she was right.
all4Him999
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Your hard work and sacrifices will bless you both, and you wanting more time with your child makes you not just a working mom, but a good mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm there too. I feel like I've missed so much. All the school programs, field trips, you name it. It sucks because I have no choice. The bills have to be paid. Hugs...I know how hard it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabytristan
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:25 PM
i know exactly how you feel! My son is 8 and cried today when i picked him up saying he missed me can i take a day off tomorrow :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Thank you.

Quoting all4Him999:

Your hard work and sacrifices will bless you both, and you wanting more time with your child makes you not just a working mom, but a good mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I totally understand. I ha to make that choice after my son was born (wasn't given the change in schedule they suggested they would make accommodations for prior to my leave).

I ended up taking a year off, and I found a great job, for a great company and I work part time.

It for sure has draw backs (like having to have private healthcare as my husband works for the family company that consists of him and his father). But it has been great as an inbetween balance.

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Wow! I'm sorry that happened to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I completely understand where your coming from. I used to always wish to be a stay at home mom. Four years ago I was in a car accident that left me permanently disabled. I am now a stay at hone mom but I can't do the things I would like to do with my boys. My grandma used to say be careful what you wish for. Guess she was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I kept saying the same thing and I got laid off. I can't find a job that will pay what I will spend on childcare and my unemployment is about to run out. If wishes were fishes...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I'm there too. I feel like I've missed so much. All the school programs, field trips, you name it. It sucks because I have no choice. The bills have to be paid. Hugs...I know how hard it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww. :(

Quoting mybabytristan:

i know exactly how you feel! My son is 8 and cried today when i picked him up saying he missed me can i take a day off tomorrow :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)