Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people have so many kids they cannot afford?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 288 Replies
6 moms liked this

I remember the horror stories my mom told me about growing up in poverty, having so many kids they could not afford, no vacations, barely enough food, no new clothing, etc.... I knew from a young age that you DO NOT bring kids into this world you cannot afford.  So why do so many on here seem to do that?  I cannot believe the amount of moms on PA, ones that have 5 or 6 kids, and continue to do so?  YES, it is MY business when they are living off tax payer money.  If you are one of these moms, why do you do it?  Why don't you just stop having kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM
6 moms liked this
Because some people are just that stupid
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM
9 moms liked this
I believe it has to do with education and environment. If poverty is all they have known it becomes a vicious cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM
6 moms liked this
The same reason people give their kids stupid or overused names. Because they can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Because they are pro-life?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

they could use birth control and prevent it from happening IMO.  I would love to hear from the people that do have enourmous families in poverty and why they do this

MomOfTwins789
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Agree! People are irresponsible! If you can't take care of yourself, how will you take care of a child, and if you can't take care of the child/children you already have, how will you take care of another one?? If they are Pro-life, then they should keep their legs closed. Either that or adoption
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe they think it's God's will?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

they could use birth control and prevent it from happening IMO.  I would love to hear from the people that do have enourmous families in poverty and why they do this

Lachrymose
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this

*yawn* dead horse pic

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Can't stop, won't stop...*does a dance*

Sorry, that was too easy.  TBH, we've pretty much stopped because if we have another kid we'll have to buy a bigger car.  We live the same way you described, and right now there is a very slim chance that we'll ever expand our family.  But usually the people who have lots of kids while poor grew up in an environment where that's the norm.  Some folks break the cycle, some follow it. *shrugs* - I know a woman who has been evicted several times from different area apartments, but each time she finds a new place the first thing she does is buy all new furniture and decorations, paints and "makes it comfy".  Umm, we've been in our house for 2 years and we still don't have furniture in some rooms at all because we wanted to make our bills "comfy" before we make the house comfy.  You can't tell someone how to prioritize, just let life kick 'em in the ass a bit and they'll either learn or walk around with a dent in their ass.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

They have the option of keeping their children also. .

Quoting MomOfTwins789:

Agree! People are irresponsible! If you can't take care of yourself, how will you take care of a child, and if you can't take care of the child/children you already have, how will you take care of another one?? If they are Pro-life, then they should keep their legs closed. Either that or adoption

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)