Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nurse gave my son the wrong shots! should i sue? edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 456 Replies
Took my son to his well baby check up. They wanted to do vaccinations, I said no because he was getting over summer cold. I went to the restroom, came back and they were in the middle of doing them! Wtf I am so upset! They were not even apologizing or anything, actually they were pretty rude about the whole thing!

Edit to add, he is almost 1 yr

Edit! His dad was with him but 1- he said he didnt give permission, they just told him to put ds on the table so he did, 2- he doesn't have medical decision making, only I do so he can't give permission, 3- I would think a Dr office would be safe! They were only supposed to give us his height and weight chart and we were about to leave

Don't your babys fathers go to Dr appointments too?

Edit! Some of you are crazy. Ds father is not a decision maker. He will just go along with whatever anyone says. Thats why we are not together because he is stupid! he just said "I don't know she said to put him up there and I thought it was fine. I thought that she knew what she was doing." He only has visitation, I have sole legal and physical.

I have never had to sign for vaccines. I don't know if that's the law but either way I have never had to!

I put this title as an attention getter, all you people care about is 50 drama anyway so I had to make it
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm not sure about suing but I would file a complaint on the doctors and nurses. I would only sue if bodily harm was done to my child. 

bshoemaker
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be pissed. They don't have any right to stick him with anything without your permission. It is not like you told them he could never have them, my doctor won't give my son his shots if he is sick or getting over being sick. You need a new pedi.

angiekevin03
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

omg hell yes i would sue their ass if you said no they should respect your wishes . right now i would call and find a new dr asap and explain why you need a new dr now . and have child checked out by different dr .

bearscubed
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

This.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I'm not sure about suing but I would file a complaint on the doctors and nurses. I would only sue if bodily harm was done to my child. 

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Sure yea.. talk to a lawyer first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
15 moms liked this
I would never leave my baby alone in a drs office. You couldn't wait to pee?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you sign for them? They can't give shots without signing paper work. Atleast thats what any other dr I have been to done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Well that's the thing I don't want to file a complaint and it go nowhere. What if he was allergic or something?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

WFG2012
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this
why did you leave your kid? if I go to the bathroom my kids come with me- Dr office or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm sorry but this story isn't adding up for me. Why would you leave your infant son alone to go to the restroom mid exam?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)