Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you or your DH use protein shakes?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh started going to the gym and wants to drink protein shakes (like the powder ones you make at home)but IDK what kind to buy. Any recommendations??? 

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
isell_avon
by ♥Janet♥ on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM

ok thanks i think we need to stop by first and find out what exactly they have there.

Quoting Sondi7:

The 2 pound one is around $30 and the 5.5# one is $55 for the flavored whey protien. The myo fusion is more but I am not sure the exact cost of it. Also- if you have a Sams club or Cosco membership- protien powder is way cheaper there.

Quoting isell_avon:

Quoting Sondi7:

We get ours from GNC. I like whey protien. Dh gets the Myo Fusion advanced muscle building protien. The GNC ppl will help him find what is right for him. Also there are a ton of blogs and stuff that are really helpful.

do you know how much it cost you? 

bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I bought a 5 pound bag for $30 I think.  I also love the Total Lean protein shakes from GNC.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

isogenix is actually one of the better-quality supplements in terms of an all around "super vitamin".  it's great for a "snack" between meals to up the protein content.  if he's doing power lifting or heavy lifting, he might want something with more protein content.  be sure to get high-quality protein; you can get a cheaper version but it has shitty protein.

i take vegasport - it's plant-based and doesn't have all the chemicals the other supplements have; the trade off is that it's not as "strong" as the other ones but it does help provide focus and energy.

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I do, and do not waste your money on the expensive one's. There is one at Wal-Mart called Body Fortress and a lot of men and women on my bodybuilding and weight loss sites use it and highly recommend it. It's like $14 for a big thing of it. It does the same exact thing as the higher priced one's. It even has Creatine in it. 

babynurse454
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I have a protein shake everyday per my doctors orders. I order a yummy protein powder online! I love it and helps me stay healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

My husband uses Syntha-6. It can be found at Vitamin Shoppe. He will usually blend 2 scoops in a blender with ice, a banana, oatmeal oats, flax oil and water....makes it not taste so gross.

Polemomma2010
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Isagenix.

sj1031
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I've use herbalife, jillian michaels, and a just tried one that was 20g of protein For the lite version and 26g for the regular and it's called Core Power..it comes in bottles that are 150 calories at HEB and omg am I in love! It's the best protein shake I have had!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DommysMommy8807
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
GNC is a rip off. We go to vitamin shoppe.

DH uses MusclePharm. It tastes good and comes in so many different flavors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Yea, just talk to the employees at GNC. They are great and will get your hubby all set up with what he needs. :)

Quoting isell_avon:

ok thanks i think we need to stop by first and find out what exactly they have there.

Quoting Sondi7:

The 2 pound one is around $30 and the 5.5# one is $55 for the flavored whey protien. The myo fusion is more but I am not sure the exact cost of it. Also- if you have a Sams club or Cosco membership- protien powder is way cheaper there.

Quoting isell_avon:

Quoting Sondi7:

We get ours from GNC. I like whey protien. Dh gets the Myo Fusion advanced muscle building protien. The GNC ppl will help him find what is right for him. Also there are a ton of blogs and stuff that are really helpful.

do you know how much it cost you? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)