Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you or your DH use protein shakes?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh started going to the gym and wants to drink protein shakes (like the powder ones you make at home)but IDK what kind to buy. Any recommendations??? 

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
babynurse454
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I order them from a company go to
Unjury.com
I love the vanilla, i use it to make my coffee drinks or make a vanilla type shake no ice cream, they have all kinds stuff. Great company and customer service with fast delivery!

Quoting isell_avon:

Quoting babynurse454:

I have a protein shake everyday per my doctors orders. I order a yummy protein powder online! I love it and helps me stay healthy.

where do you buy them at? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Milk. Best protein supplement out there. I drink 16 ounces after a lifting session. Progenex is also
a very good one I use when I'm on the go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pau83
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Try herbalife they are really good!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I don't drink protein shakes. I prefer to get my protein from whole food sources- even after intense workouts. There is really no need for protein shakes when you can get more protein from a piece of grilled chicken or natural peanut butter after a workout than a processed powder made into a shake IMO. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Quoting Pau83:

Try herbalife they are really good!!

i tried them before they are really good I just don't know anyone that sells it.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I actually work for a company that sells them. If you pm me I can give you lots of info about them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM
My mom always drank one until we found out protein power is a form of msg. Anyway I bought the nutibullet ....its pretty awesome and we make drinks out of fruit and veggies in there instead its so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM
This is very true, protein from whole foods is far superior to protein shakes but for athletes and weightlifters who need 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight getting enough protein from whole foods and staying in a good calorie range is almost impossible.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I don't drink protein shakes. I prefer to get my protein from whole food sources- even after intense workouts. There is really no need for protein shakes when you can get more protein from a piece of grilled chicken or natural peanut butter after a workout than a processed powder made into a shake IMO. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

This is very true, protein from whole foods is far superior to protein shakes but for athletes and weightlifters who need 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight getting enough protein from whole foods and staying in a good calorie range is almost impossible.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I'm a long distance runner and I have no problem at all...I am able to stay within 1500-1800 calories daily and get up to 200 grams of protein from whole food sources. I do not use shakes of any kind since they are processed powders. It can be done, but shakes are convenient for people. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Johariz:

I actually work for a company that sells them. If you pm me I can give you lots of info about them.

I JUST SENT YOU A MESSAGE

Follow Me on Pinterest

& get great offers ! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN