Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My body is my body not yours or anyone else's

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There are so many different reasons that you do not have a say on what goes on in my body. First of all, if I get pregnant and I don't want to be pregnant, I'm going to have an abortion. This doesn't concern you in the slightest and the only reason it would is if you crazily push your views in between you and I. Odds are the fetus I abort was not going to be your future best friend, your kids spouse, or the person who figures out a cure for aids or cancer. Odds are u never woud have even met that fetus.

The only way this concerns you is if you are standing outside a clinic screaming at women going inside, making the worst day of their lives even worse, injecting yourself into a situation that doesn't concern you. Standing there is not going to change anything anyway. I have never once seen a woman leave because of your shock value signs or your screaming.

This is my body. I will not keep an unwanted pregnancy to make you feel good. This is my body. My breasts that will be sore, my migraines, my leg cramps, my exhaustion, my morning sickness, my weight gain. The reason for an abortion is not because someone doesn't want a baby, it's because someone doesn't want to be pregnant. A woman who doesn't mind being pregnant will normally pick adoption. Abortion is the cure for pregnancy.

I also would never adopt out a child. I'm not saying you shouldn't if you want to, but I never would. I say people who want to adopt should take an older child. Or a baby with medical issues. There are so many children in the world who need homes. Just because they are older doesn't mean they are any less deserving of a home and a family, and I think it's disgusting that they refuse to adopt these beautiful children. I would never give a baby to a family when I know their nature, and I do, I know they want a perfect newborn, and don't want an older child or a baby with issues.

My womb is not the property of some woman who cannot get pregnant on her own. I refuse to rent it out for the price of my medical bills which I wouldn't have if I chose abortion. Ridiculous.

So again, this is my body, and will remain my body until that fetus can survive outside of my body. Until that time, it is part of my body and if I don't want to be pregnant I won't be.

And before you say it, I do use birth control. But if it fails and we are not ready for a baby, this is my backup birth control.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (231-239):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Good for you. I could not live with myself if I stopped the beating heart of an unborn child. But that's just me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I am a firm believer in abortion rights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I could.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Good for you. I could not live with myself if I stopped the beating heart of an unborn child. But that's just me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM
And as things stand, that's perfectly legal. I don't go around verbally assaulting women at clinics. I just have a very strong opinion that I typically keep to myself.

Quoting owl0210:

I could.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I've done it twice and I live with myself quite well. I put my family who is here already first, and my body 2nd.
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM
That's not the impression you gave in your op. (Although since I'm mobile it's hard to tell if you are the op.) It sounded like your body is first priority.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I've done it twice and I live with myself quite well. I put my family who is here already first, and my body 2nd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Quoting HadnKmom:

so im selfish because i had my own children? i would LOVE to adopt older children...any children babies or older. but instead of just helping one...come october i will start the fight to help many by becoming a foster parent (you have to be 21 to be a foster parent...i turn 21 in october). give the baby up. if you dont want it. it IS selfish for murdering it instead of giving the baby to someone who wants it. if you have your baby is it going to be a criminal and homeless and what not? you do what you want...you are right it isnt my business i choose not to do it. but i still think you are a selfish bitch who should keep her legs closed if you dont want to have a baby...or get on better birth control.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, here you go off the deep end. I am not sad or crying, my feelings are not hurt. I go anonymous because I always go anonymous. As for name calling, you have done it again. This is confessions and I can go anonymous. That does not make me a coward.  My opinions mean just as much as yours do, however they may be delivered. The previous poster stateed their opinions as did you. I was merely asking you if your thought process included you in the senario. If a person is not adopting, they must be selfish. "To bring children into this world to suit your selfish need to procreate" , I think is what you stated below. Pro-choice, pro-life, either way there are millions of children needing homes. You don't have to advocate the birth of millions to adopt millions. There are plenty of people who do adopt but do the ones who do not all meet your criticism?  Are going to call me ignorant or claim that I do not understand what you are saying again?  By the way, I don't like cornflakes. 

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

I truly love your replies. You launch into defense of your position and then you ridicule others for not seeing your point of view. Very typical. Thank you for your insults.  If anyone is having babies, they must be selfish since there are millions of homeless and left behind children anyway. We should all be responsible and not have our own children when there are so many out there who clearly need our love and charity.  

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you adopting those millions of children? To call another mother selfish for wanting have her own children is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you not also equally selfish for bringing your children into the world?  

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I I I I I Me me me me me....

No, your uterus is not my concern. The unborn innocent baby that you selfishly want to kill IS my concern. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In most cases, like with you, abortion is a sick and selfish act. Bravo for being oh so proud of your sick self. It isn't just YOUR BODY. There is another body in there. Like I said sick and selfish. Bravo.

So, how many of the millions of children who have no families have you adopted. Or, are you only part of the problem and not the solution? My guess is the latter. You all talk the big talk, but never, ever walk the walk. Shameful and SELFISH, especially if you brought MORE children into a world. Because you brought more children into this world to suit your selfish need to procreate, you are making others suffer. THAT is selfish, my dear. If you are not actively trying to help the problem, you are nothing but an anti choicer who wants to hand over all rights to men. While you are at it, why not give up your right to vote, too? 

I am not pro life. I do not advocate for millions of more children being brought into this world to suffer abuse, neglect or homelessness. Is that too hard to understand? 

Again, I am not advocating for millions more, a year,  being thrown into the system. I am not advocating for more infants in dumpster. I am not advocating for more children sitting in group homes. I am not advocating for more crime, more addicts and more children being victims of their upbringing. Guess it is too hard for you to understand, huh?

Ridicule? Aww.. Did I hurt your feelings? No, you are not getting it. I am not sure why because I laid it out in black and white for you. And, when you call names, maybe you should not be a coward anon and show who you are. Until then, what you say, means nothing. It means nothing, anyway, but as a coward anon, it really means nothing. You do not see my point and I cannot make it any clearer. maybe you should not respond to my responses if you think I am so terrible, lady.  If the poster I responded to wants to start calling names and spewing BS towards the OP, why shouldn't I stand up for the OP? The OP was not the one calling names, but again, I do not expect you to understand that since you have not understood anything else I have said.  Now, go cry in your cornflakes.

Off the deep end? You give yourself way to much credit, lady. And, how can I defend myself if I do not know who you are? You think that is fair? Of course, you do. I never asked for your opinion nor do I want it. And, when I go off the deep end, you will know it. Again, stop think you have so much effect on people on the Internet. You are a coward anon who throws around insults and does not allow people to defend themselves. That makes you as much of a bully as the poster I quoted, to begin with. So, if defending someone against morons makes me bad, I am bad to the bone. And, I cannot believe you do not get what I am saying. No wonder you do not like me. Our IQ's vary, drastically.

Someone who "wants" it? What about the MILLIONS of other children, already here? Screw them? Seriously. That is so fucking wrong. It makes me sick. I cannot believe how many "pro lifers" could give a crap about the kid once it is born. TERRIBLE. And yes, if you are so adamantly against abortion, you are selfish to have brought more kids into this world when there are so many that are unwanted. Maybe not so much selfish, but a flaming hypocrite, that is for sure.

OregonNative
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
How is my, or anyone else's, embryo, fetus, or child any of your concern?

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I I I I I Me me me me me....

No, your uterus is not my concern. The unborn innocent baby that you selfishly want to kill IS my concern. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In most cases, like with you, abortion is a sick and selfish act. Bravo for being oh so proud of your sick self. It isn't just YOUR BODY. There is another body in there. Like I said sick and selfish. Bravo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jul. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Image DetailJust passing by.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN