Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Birth-Control Buffet: What's Your "Dish" of Choice?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sure, babies are cute! But we don't always want to chance making another one when we have sex with our partner.

With so many birth control methods out there - from condoms to diaphragms to permanent procedures (hello, vasectomy!) - it can be confusing to decide which is the best one for you.

Whether you definitely want to have more kids one day, aren't sure if you want to expand your family or not, or are 100% sure the shop is closed for business, you'll find out about all the options in this info-packed episode.

To help make your decision easier, check out the list of questions that starts about 7:20 into the video!

What birth control method do you use? Which ones have you tried and liked - and which ones would you never use again?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (371-373):
sillyboysmom
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM
After 2 wonderful surprises, i decided to get essure. It is basically getting your tubes tied without surgery. It is a 10min office visit, and you are done. I have had this in for over a year now, and never had a problem. I got pregnant with my 1st and 2nd while on the pill. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillyboysmom
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM
I am not religious. It is a matter of finances for many. Why would i keep having children if we can barely afford diapers for our youngest? Have you see child care costs? Have you see the price of a dr visit? Food prices, ext? Everyone is entitled to use or not birth control, but please do not tell someone they are wrong for doing so. I ended up getting essure, it's basically like having your tubes tied. I do not regret my choice. I love my 2 boys, but i decided i am done. :-)

Quoting moonglow482004:

Please? We were born to have children and we are born nurchers. Men are born providers and caretakers as well. I also truly do believe if you are meant to bear a child or children no matter what you use you will have a child. BUT! The sadest thing to me is so many today act as if having a child is a "Problem or inconvienant to your life styles". When you return to Heaven and you are standing before God our Creator, how will you explain your disapproval of his devine gift?????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmgreen
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I had two babies on depo... and condoms aren't realistic on spur of the moment moments... so I went with Implanon this time. can't do the pill, and my was born with the IUD being "born" after him when the planceta came out... sooo yea.. many choices, but not all work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN