Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is is so difficult to keep your house clean?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I guess I don't understand the challenge here. After meals do the dishes, wipe counters, sweep floor, dust once a week, vacuum right after. every time you leave a room take something with you to put away. once clothes are dry (from the clothesline or dryer, fold and put away right away don't let them sit.

if clutter is the issue, start getting rid of stuff.

I understand if you have an extreme disability, but just anxiety, depression ect imo is no excuse for a dirty home. arent your kids more important?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I don't know.  The state of my house over the summer has driven me nuts.  Toys scattered, not having the time to dedicate to cleaning like I normally do.  Its almost always company ready but it seems like I'm cleaning all day through the day instead of just the couple of hours I do the rest of the year.  I don't know how people can stand having a dirty house, honestly it depresses me if my house is messy.  I'm looking forward to doing a good deep cleaning next week when school starts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I don' t understand why you are worried about other people houses. Just make sure yours is clean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Quoting heartnhidin:

Sounds like you have ocd. I have a clean house, but if the laundry doesn't get folded ASAP its not the end of the world. I am a single mom to two kids 4 and 2 months. After the kids go to bed I clean clean.

no i just don't procrastinate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I don't think it's a challenge, but sometimes I just don't want to do it. There is no time card to punch when my shift is over. Cleaning isn't a scheduled thing. I guess it can be, but with children around all day it's sort of hard to schedule cleaning and have it stay clean. It's just so freaking never ending that there are days I just don't do it. Of course one day of not cleaning looks like a week of not cleaning, but whatever, I'm not a maid.

babyboy117
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Cool.. My mind is cluttered all the time, so I can't have clutter in my house too. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
Quoting kellyg1987:

I don't have a "dirty " home i dont think... but during the day there are toys everywhere DD plays, but all of those get put away at bedtime. Maybe that means I have a dirty home? Oh well.

lol this is what i was thinking, that an my 4 year old seem to want to get into every thing now..
sd68145

Some moms work and go to school and having a 20 month old daughter who gets into absoutly everything doesnt help. There is not enough hours in the day to do everything. If you are a stay at home mom then I understand it would be easier.

AFWifeNMom
1 mom liked this
I have 12 kids here right now, THATS why my house is hard to keep clean...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think it's a challenge, but sometimes I just don't want to do it. There is no time card to punch when my shift is over. Cleaning isn't a scheduled thing. I guess it can be, but with children around all day it's sort of hard to schedule cleaning and have it stay clean. It's just so freaking never ending that there are days I just don't do it. Of course one day of not cleaning looks like a week of not cleaning, but whatever, I'm not a maid.

I agree with you here too. a day of not cleaning withmy 2 girls is like a week too lol.
mickstinator
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Yeah, my problem is that the thing I carry from room to room is my son. It's a little difficult to clean when a 1 year old is screaming bloody murder at your feet. 

Thankfully, my husband helps a lot with cleaning since we both work. Our house is usually decently tidy and never disgusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)