Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A no win situation. (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Usually on Saturday my mom would watch DS when I work. This week she wanted to go to the beach. My stepmother called and said she and my sister were coming up to spend the day with my grandmother and wanted to get together for dinner. I really don't like my stepwitch at all but I love my sisters and want my son to get to know them. Since they go to school out of state I don't get to see them much.

My mom found out yesterday that a really good friend of hers has lung cancer and told me that it would mean a lot to her if she could take DS with her.

No matter what I do someone is going to get upset. WWYD?

EDIT: My mom isn't taking him to see her friend. He is down in Atlanta. She is going to the beach to visit family for the day. She just wants to spend the day with family because it would help her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

i'd let my sisters see him- just b/c they dont get to see him very often. mom gets grandson every weekend- or at least almost every weekend, whenever you are working. when's the last time your sisters seen their nephew and when is the next time they will see him?

cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM

but your sisters dont get a chance to see your son as much as your mom does

Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:15 PM
They haven't seen him since may and I am not sure when they will be back again.

Quoting Anonymous:

i'd let my sisters see him- just b/c they dont get to see him very often. mom gets grandson every weekend- or at least almost every weekend, whenever you are working. when's the last time your sisters seen their nephew and when is the next time they will see him?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I would let your mom take him.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

since your sisters barely see your ds and you made plans with them first, I would keep those plans. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I am sorry, but this sounds like your mom may be using this as an excuse to keep you from taking him to see someone she may not like (not her friend having cancer, just that having your son with him will cheer her up). She sees your son every weekend, your sisters may not get to see him again for several more months or longer. I would do that and tell your mom if she wants to see him on Sunday or something then she can. She will be seeing other people at the beach so she should let them be her focus.

lorelei10
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

um if step mom is a witch let your mom take precedence! I know how this situation feels (similarly, no the exact same) when my baby was born they both came down at the same time and it was a DISASTER!!! they hate eachother, and i dont like the step because she was being a bitch to my brother and my mom. i didnt want to upset or offend my dad by admiting that so it was a huge battle... in the end, my mom spent most of the time with us. Im not really close with my dad anyways.

Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:05 PM
My mom isn't like that. She does not like my step mother but wouldn't try and stop me from doing something that is important to me just to be vindictive. Plus, she likes the twins and they like her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry, but this sounds like your mom may be using this as an excuse to keep you from taking him to see someone she may not like (not her friend having cancer, just that having your son with him will cheer her up). She sees your son every weekend, your sisters may not get to see him again for several more months or longer. I would do that and tell your mom if she wants to see him on Sunday or something then she can. She will be seeing other people at the beach so she should let them be her focus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM
I hate my stepmom but love my sisters more. Unfortunately I have to play nice with her for their sake.

I have the philosophy that love should always trump hate. I also believe that I should do the rigjt thing even if the other person wouldn't.

Quoting lorelei10:

um if step mom is a witch let your mom take precedence! I know how this situation feels (similarly, no the exact same) when my baby was born they both came down at the same time and it was a DISASTER!!! they hate eachother, and i dont like the step because she was being a bitch to my brother and my mom. i didnt want to upset or offend my dad by admiting that so it was a huge battle... in the end, my mom spent most of the time with us. Im not really close with my dad anyways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Well, that's good. In this case, I would still let my sisters see the baby this one time, especially since your mom is taking your son to see the sick friend. Offer to let her see him some other time before Sat.

Quoting Kaya529:

My mom isn't like that. She does not like my step mother but wouldn't try and stop me from doing something that is important to me just to be vindictive. Plus, she likes the twins and they like her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)