Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We've homeschooled, because of the economy I have to go back to work.

simple frown

We are enrolling our kids in Elementary school this year. We've toured the school, talked to the vice-principal and all of that. They love the school and I don't hate it.

Make me feel better, tell me the things you love about your childs public school!!

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Replies (81-90):
momma0ffive
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM
My kids go to a public charter school now. We love much smaller environment compared to regular public school. More individualized attention. We did regular public school for 6 years..... I hope to never have to do that again, it was awful.

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

My child goes to a Charter Academy and I love it. They are one of the top 3 schools in the state

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

My oldest starts public kindergarten this fall. I am very excited for him. You can only do so much to control their experience. You checked the school and like what you've seen, so, see how it goes.

kcook55
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM

sorry i really don't know ds school all that while he started it towards the end of march we moved to a new town. He loves it and they are super nice. And they got the ball rolling pretty fast for his IEP. and for once 2 yrs i actually got a copy of his final IEP and i got updates at least every 2 weeks. They started his speech BEFORE they started the paper work on his IEP. His old school was horrible about his IEP and they wouldnt give me any information they couldnt even tell me if they where doing his speech i just got told he dont so to speech and he dont have an IEP from his teacher i said yes he does and you are supposed to be following it there was things in it for the teacher to be following to help him with his speech and understand directions, classwork etc...

ginger813
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I can say that I LOVE, but there isn't anything that I don't like either.

mysonsmom99
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Maintain constant contact with their teachers and friends.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM
The high school around here shorts and skirts must be finger tip length which they are. Maybe her school is the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Here are a couple pics showing public school kids doing what they do.... LOL it isnt scary.

The top pic is Lizs Chinese teachers bday.  They pooled their money and bought her a cake with a chicken on it.  The teacher likes chickens =/

the second one is lunch with her friends.  The kids arent fancy like in mean girls, they arent scary like gangs either.  they are just kids. You can see there arent kids going crazy.  Just having lunch and chatting. 

edit.  swap the pics lol

Is there a dress code in that school? I'm not being bitchy just curious. I know my school would have sent me right back home to change those tiny black shorts! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM
DD has ADHD and will be in the gifted program, talented art, and talented music. She's going into 4th grade and has consistently tested above her grade level....she's very bright. We had behavior issues prior to her diagnosis and you just have to advocate for your child.

DS is going into K and doing good. :)

As long as you are involved, they'll be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thanks ladies.

NoahandEliza
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I don't love our school system, but I've always loved ds's teachers. They've been extremely caring and focused on doing what's best to help each kid learn. The aide in his kindergarten class is actually one of my best friends now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)