Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are people always like Wahhhhhhhhhh my dh has to pay child support for the other kids!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just don't get it.  I don't understand.  Why would you be upset that you married a man who isn't taking care of his kids financially?  Obviously there will be consequences to his actions and by marrying him, you (unfortunately) will have to also pay the price.  But, if the rolls were reversed, wouldn't you want your ex to pay child support??  Sure, your husband can just NOT work, but it will catch up with him and his future wages and tax returns will be garnished. 

Please help me understand.  

You know you want it

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It's waaaaah for me because she moved out of state and didn't tell him, now he's found out and he's a mess. It's not so much the money for me, it's that he has to pay  and she dangles carrots in front of him but then decides to change her mind at the last minute. I wish she'd grow up and act like a decent human being.

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Or, marry a man that is responsible.  I have no issues marrying a man that has kids, but a man that didn't take care of them?  Thats another story.

Quoting ozarkdragonfly:

I agree. If a woman doesn't want to deal with a man who pays child support, she need to not marry a man with kids imo

You know you want it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why I would never get involved with a man with kids
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that it's a reminder to some women that their spouse had a life before them.  Also, it can cause a financial heartache.  If they didn't want the responsibility, they should have married someone else.+9

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this

HAHHAHAHA you made a spin off!!! I expected as much, you are such a post whore. LMAO

And for the record I was not upset he has to pay, that was never the issue.......we have been paying amicably for years and now she has gone behind our backs and filed with the courts......which will work against her in the end because she will end up getting less than we were already paying her......

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care about CS. I care about the endless calls saying she doesn't have enough money for the kids stuff. (food, clothes, utilities) CS is automatically transferred from our bank to hers. I don't even think about it til the calls come. Which are about to come more and more now since the CS got reduced by $700. Yay for us.

As for him paying CS if we were to seperate. We would split 50/50. I wouldn't expect him to pay me anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Because they think they are special. In the end they tend to end up in the same situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM
One of the many reasons why I would never marry a man who already has kids and has a child support order.
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Why did you take down your post when people started to tell you that your husband needs to grow up and pay support?  

But this isn't specifically about you, I see these dumb posts all the time on here. 

Quoting Anonymous:

HAHHAHAHA you made a spin off!!! I expected as much, you are such a post whore. LMAO

And for the record I was not upset he has to pay, that was never the issue.......we have been paying amicably for years and now she has gone behind our backs and filed with the courts......which will work against her in the end because she will end up getting less than we were already paying her......

You know you want it

KCayea
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't know. I would not be with a man that doesnt take care of his kids! and one that doesnt see his kids.. the old "she wont let me see them" isnt an excuse for 99.9% of men.. He paid his support and saw his kids before he met me. and i am 100% perfectly ok with it.  i knew he had tht obligation when i met him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured