Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are people always like Wahhhhhhhhhh my dh has to pay child support for the other kids!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just don't get it.  I don't understand.  Why would you be upset that you married a man who isn't taking care of his kids financially?  Obviously there will be consequences to his actions and by marrying him, you (unfortunately) will have to also pay the price.  But, if the rolls were reversed, wouldn't you want your ex to pay child support??  Sure, your husband can just NOT work, but it will catch up with him and his future wages and tax returns will be garnished. 

Please help me understand.  

You know you want it

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (351-360):
liltigersmom
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM
But a lot of single soldiers with kids, can get housing.

Quoting HaleyCovington:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Technically single soldiers are supposed to live in barracks... The military has lots of stupid things they do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rcullens
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Quoting liltigersmom:

Why is he paying cs for a 32 yo?

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Why are you without food?

Isn't the kids going on vaca with mom and sf?

Quoting rcullens:

I understand all sides of it. But I'm upset that hubby is paying $500 a month, but the money isn't going to his son. Its going to his ex and her husband. They take lots of vacations while me and my kids are without food. My ex does not pay child support, so I know how the other woman feels.

Hubby son is 32.
Becuase he was like all other men when he was younger. He thought he was hurting her by not paying. Now he is paying for it. Usally, it does not worry me. But now that he is on light duty there is no money and what money he does get. Goes to her.

liltigersmom
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM
So he is just now paying, and she goes on vacation, well good for her.

She raised the kid on her own, the cs is a pay back.

What do you do for work?

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

I understand all sides of it. But I'm upset that hubby is paying $500 a month, but the money isn't going to his son. Its going to his ex and her husband. They take lots of vacations while me and my kids are without food. My ex does not pay child support, so I know how the other woman feels.

Hubby son is 32.
Becuase he was like all other men when he was younger. He thought he was hurting her by not paying. Now he is paying for it. Usally, it does not worry me. But now that he is on light duty there is no money and what money he does get. Goes to her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krtabc
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I agree too. If the shoe was on the other foot these same women would expect to be paid support.

krtabc
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

500 a month is a lot! My dad only had to pay $35 a week for 5 kids! And he didn't even do that! 

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Hubby son is 32.

rcullens
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

He has been paying since before I met him. He is a different person than back then. He never whines about it. I'm going to be in the same boat. Maybe my ex will start paying after my kids grow up and move out. Vacation, here I come. I'm a Phlebotomist.

Quoting liltigersmom:

So he is just now paying, and she goes on vacation, well good for her.

She raised the kid on her own, the cs is a pay back.

What do you do for work?

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Hubby son is 32.

rcullens
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting krtabc:

I agree too. If the shoe was on the other foot these same women would expect to be paid support.

I would love to get my child support.

liltigersmom
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Trying feeding a growing boy, buying clothes that fit him, as he grows.

Than tell me $500 is too much money.

Quoting krtabc:

500 a month is a lot! My dad only had to pay $35 a week for 5 kids! And he didn't even do that! 

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Hubby son is 32.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Betty white = wannabe power trippin bitch
krtabc
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I have two boys, thank you. I didn't say it was a lot of money. Just kinda shocked at how much my dad really lucked out. Sorry offending you.

Quoting liltigersmom:

Trying feeding a growing boy, buying clothes that fit him, as he grows.

Than tell me $500 is too much money.

Quoting krtabc:

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Quoting liltigersmom:

Quoting rcullens:

Hubby son is 32.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN