Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lipstick at church, hmmm

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is it acceptable to wear lipstick at church?

I know this seems like a weird, crazy question, but I hear people call women whores or sluts when they wear lipstick. I see them wear it when they go out, my sister wears it when she goes out to the clubs!

Why does it seem okay for older women to wear lipstick at church, etc and not be judged, but younger women are?  I feel like I will be "judged" if I wear red or pink lipstick to church, should I or should I not?  Does it depend on the color?  Please help..this is an honest question.    

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Replies (51-60):
GunaBmommaof3
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I wore lipstick to church today and I'm 100% sure no one judged me. I've never heard that before...bizarre!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:29 AM

off topic but little.worthen if that is you in your avatar you are absolutely stunning! so pretty!

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm a Mormon and we aren't even this bad! Lol

Quoting cocoroo:

What kind of ultra conservative church do you go to?

little.worthen
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Haha thanks!! (= I just got my hair done yesterday

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

off topic but little.worthen if that is you in your avatar you are absolutely stunning! so pretty!

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm a Mormon and we aren't even this bad! Lol

Quoting cocoroo:

What kind of ultra conservative church do you go to?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Well i can tell u this. If they are judging you at church for wearing lip stick then those people are in the right place. That is totally ridiculous. Wear your lipstick girl :)

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I never thought it was slutty. That's a new one for me.

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM
I've never heard of lipstick being an issue at church. I'm pretty sure God is happy you're there worshipping him whether you wear lipstick or not :)
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I don't know, but yesterday was National Lipstick Day.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Lol, I don't know about where you go, but MY church is fine with it. I visit churches alot because of my position, and I wear what I WANT to wear as normal. Typical lipstick for me is hot pink and bright red. I hold several leadership positions and am on stage every Sunday. Today I wore hot pink. Actually, I have older ladies compliment my crazy makeup and outfits often. 

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I wear red lipstick to church, heck I have even had purple, pink, blue and fire red hair at church AND I have very visible tattoos LOL! And I am in the choir and teach Sunday school, I have never had any problems with any of that. I think lipstick is just fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured