Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The HIV post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 224 Replies

Have you ever known anyone who has been infected with HIV?

Do you sometimes assume that people who have been affected with the virus did so because they were doing bad/unsafe things?  Do you look at it as a punishment?

If you were friends with someone and found out that they had the virus, would you look at them differently?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle_monkey
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM
My mom had a cousin who died of aids. He was gay and back then (late 80's early 90's) people in my little town looked at it as his punishment for being gay... RIP JJ
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Quoting sparkle_monkey:

My mom had a cousin who died of aids. He was gay and back then (late 80's early 90's) people in my little town looked at it as his punishment for being gay... RIP JJ

That's really sad :( I'm sorry

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 patients that have HIV. One is a gay man, and the other was an IV drug user. I like them both. I don't judge them in any way for their decisions that led to their illness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Yes, a slutty girl that I used to be friends with. No, I don't. Ialways looked at her that way and stopped being friends with her for her promiscuity. She became infected a year later.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Yes, I know someone with HIV...

They got it by sleeping with their wife, who was cheating... So, no, no bad/unsafe things on his part...

No, I would not look differently at anyone who has it

holls2188
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM
My friend jayme was born with it cause of her mom, I love that girl to death
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know anyone.

If one of my friends had it, I would feel really bad for them..but I wouldn't judge. None of them do drugs, so they would have had to get it by having unprotected sex. Things like that happen, yeah they should have protected themselves..but I wouldn't stop being their friend or anything over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Yes, a slutty girl that I used to be friends with. No, I don't. Ialways looked at her that way and stopped being friends with her for her promiscuity. She became infected a year later.

That makes me really sad.  I use to be promiscuous too and one mistake have led to a lifetime of trying to manage a potentially deadly virus.  :(

If she stopped being that way and really grew as a person, wo.uld you ever consider being friends with her again?  Would the HIV honestly be a factor?  I won't judge you either way for your answer, just really curious.

mama2gg
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I dont know anyone and I guess my brain jumps to thoughts like that but then the smart me takes over and sees that it could have been a car wreck and a blood transfusion you just never know

And depending on how my friend got it really from doing drugs and such no we are no longer friends not because of the AIDS but because of how

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Quoting anyotherday:

Yes, I know someone with HIV...

They got it by sleeping with their wife, who was cheating... So, no, no bad/unsafe things on his part...

No, I would not look differently at anyone who has it

Wow :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)