Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The HIV post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever known anyone who has been infected with HIV?

Do you sometimes assume that people who have been affected with the virus did so because they were doing bad/unsafe things?  Do you look at it as a punishment?

If you were friends with someone and found out that they had the virus, would you look at them differently?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My long time friend and tenant who rents our upstairs part meant has tested HIV positive last year. I do not look at him differently at all. He is gay, but I do not feel this is a punishment, I do think he has reposibility for it cus if he used protection it woldnot have happened. But, we all make mistakes, and that is his burden to bear.

He is a wonderful guy and hope thing stay controlled for him as they are now and do not progress farther.

The only thing that did "change" was that I researched the way HIV can be transmitted since my kids and I live in the same house with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Yes I know someone. He's only 18 and gay...I don't look at him in a bad way though. When I'm around him it is on my mind because I feel so sad for him. The person who gave it to him KNEW he had it and didn't bother to tell him. :(
bcde12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
My Uncle was infected in the mid 80's, he "WAS" a gay man. I never looked at him differently and never will. I spent his last few months on earth with him and was there by his side during passing. He was a loving, caring and sweet man who would do anything for anyone. Fun to be around and everyone loved him who would meet him. RIP Uncle Kenny, you will never be forgotten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I know someone. He's only 18 and gay...I don't look at him in a bad way though. When I'm around him it is on my mind because I feel so sad for him. The person who gave it to him KNEW he had it and didn't bother to tell him. :(

Omg he's soooooo young.  I tend to not like to pity people but I would feel really bad for him too.  That's a crime and some guy near me got arrested for doing that with multiple women.

bcde12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this
So sad. The person who infected him and be charged with manslaughter. Only for the fact he new he had it and infected the deadly virus to another. Your friend should press charges. I know I would.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I always wonder what I would have done if it had happened to me.

I made some pretty bad decisions when I was young. I had my fair share of unprotected sex. It could have been me and I don't consider myself a bad person.

I hate that some people have to pay for one mistake for rest of their lives. It is that way for a lot of bad choices/mistakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM

My biological father died from the disease. I don't look at it as punishment, because everyone can get it. A child can get it from his mother's breastmilk. It's just a very sad thing to have happen to someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I know several HIV pos guys, they are all gay and got it due to being whores. I don't really think much of it, they are healthy happy people just like everyone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I always wonder what I would have done if it had happened to me.

I made some pretty bad decisions when I was young. I had my fair share of unprotected sex. It could have been me and I don't consider myself a bad person.

I hate that some people have to pay for one mistake for rest of their lives. It is that way for a lot of bad choices/mistakes.

This is how I feel exactly

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My uncle was infected he was openly gay my cousin told me his partner gave it to him.......my uncle passed in 1994. My uncle will always hold a place in my heart I love him so much. He was the kind of guy that would do anything for you. He showed me more unconditional love than anybody I know (even my own parents).

My daughter shows me that same unconditional love and I gladly return it. My uncle would have loved her just like he loved me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)