Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The HIV post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever known anyone who has been infected with HIV?

Do you sometimes assume that people who have been affected with the virus did so because they were doing bad/unsafe things?  Do you look at it as a punishment?

If you were friends with someone and found out that they had the virus, would you look at them differently?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
bcde12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM
That is awful!!!

Quoting anyotherday:

Yes, I know someone with HIV...

They got it by sleeping with their wife, who was cheating... So, no, no bad/unsafe things on his part...

No, I would not look differently at anyone who has it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:30 AM
A cousin of mine had it. He kind of tainted my opinion of people with aids.

He would smear blood/bodily fluids on the toilet seat (he was supposed to use just one bathroom, but would do it in the main bathrooms we all used). He would leave open used needles everywhere, and over all he was just a bitter creep. He isn't sure how he had contracted it, he was gay and also a user.

We had to get shots after a visit because we found out about the toilet seat thing.

He died about 10 or 11 yrs ago.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM

No, she did some really awful things to me. The HIV is not a factor at all. She was just an awful person. I feel sorry for her. I wouldn't judge someone for having it, I would still be their friend granted they were a good person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Yes, a slutty girl that I used to be friends with. No, I don't. Ialways looked at her that way and stopped being friends with her for her promiscuity. She became infected a year later.

That makes me really sad.  I use to be promiscuous too and one mistake have led to a lifetime of trying to manage a potentially deadly virus.  :(

If she stopped being that way and really grew as a person, wo.uld you ever consider being friends with her again?  Would the HIV honestly be a factor?  I won't judge you either way for your answer, just really curious.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Yes. My old friend Reggie. His ex bf had it. He got it too. I.didn't look at him differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

My uncle was infected he was openly gay my cousin told me his partner gave it to him.......my uncle passed in 1994. My uncle will always hold a place in my heart I love him so much. He was the kind of guy that would do anything for you. He showed me more unconditional love than anybody I know (even my own parents).

My daughter shows me that same unconditional love and I gladly return it. My uncle would have loved her just like he loved me.

:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

He would smear blood/bodily fluids on the toilet seat (he was supposed to use just one bathroom, but would do it in the main bathrooms we all used). He would leave open used needles everywhere, and over all he was just a bitter creep. He isn't sure how he had contracted it, he was gay and also a user.

We had to get shots after a visit because we found out about the toilet seat thing.

That is extremely disturbing.  Not only the acts but his head space being in a place to want to infect others. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

No, she did some really awful things to me. The HIV is not a factor at all. She was just an awful person. I feel sorry for her. I wouldn't judge someone for having it, I would still be their friend granted they were a good person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Yes, a slutty girl that I used to be friends with. No, I don't. Ialways looked at her that way and stopped being friends with her for her promiscuity. She became infected a year later.

That makes me really sad.  I use to be promiscuous too and one mistake have led to a lifetime of trying to manage a potentially deadly virus.  :(

If she stopped being that way and really grew as a person, wo.uld you ever consider being friends with her again?  Would the HIV honestly be a factor?  I won't judge you either way for your answer, just really curious.

Oh I see.  Thanks for your response :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Not only others. Us kids. He would really act out when us grandkids visited.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That is extremely disturbing.  Not only the acts but his head space being in a place to want to infect others. :(

LilynAustin
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I knew someone who had AID's.  He was diagnosed with HIV way back in the day, and eventually turned to AID's.  He was a drug addict in the past, and contracted it by using dirty needles.  He was a really sweet man, and only lived to be in his 50's.  It was terribly sad when he passed away.

I don't look at it as punishment.  Rather, I look at it as a sad horrible way to die, that no one should EVER have to experience.

If my friend had it I would love them just the same, support them, and pray every day for a cure.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yeah. My friend Jesse married his high school sweetheart (turns out she wasn't so sweet)....they were TTC and after 3 years of trying, they finally got pregnant. They did the blood testing, she opted for the HIV test (I always do to..better safe than sorry.) And she was positive. So he got tested, he was too.

She finally admitted to doing drugs (sharing needles *gag*) and screwing around. Baby boy wasn't even his :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN