Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The HIV post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever known anyone who has been infected with HIV?

Do you sometimes assume that people who have been affected with the virus did so because they were doing bad/unsafe things?  Do you look at it as a punishment?

If you were friends with someone and found out that they had the virus, would you look at them differently?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (221-224):
TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM

it doesn't matter. you stated you'll most likely get it, too. you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. would you give your kid cancer (if you could) because it can be cured? any parent who is worth it would not DREAM of even making the risk possible. You can get a sperm donor. Fatherhood doesn't mean you need his spunk. Being a father is being there and raising your kids. Conception is only a small, small fraction.

It is your decision to make, i just think it's the most selfish, irresponsible decision i've ever heard of.

Quoting Anonymous:

His levels are nearly undetected so the risk is damn near impossible to get it. I have talked to both his doc and mine. With meds and preventitive measures we me and any child i have will be fine. After talking to proffessionals before making the decision no nothing is wrong with his and my decision

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Anonymous:

its not about whether he can have kids or not. Its about the fact you're willing to infect an innocent person because you're selfish. You want to have a baby so you're willing to overlook the child's wellbeing in order to do so. That's why I hope you don't get pregnant. And if you do, I pray that baby isn't sick. If my parents had me knowing they had hiv, and I got infected, I would hate them every day of my life. Think about what you may be doing to your child and if you don't see an issue, you have no business being a parentm

TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM

she's not. I've argued with her about this a few months ago. She's just a fucking dumbass.

people can be prosecuted for giving someone HIV or AIDS if they have unprotected sex or share needles with someone if they know they have the disease. I think it should be criminal in this situation too. If her kid is HIV positive, I know I would be pressing charges for at least assault with a deadly weapon (which has happened with HIV cases before)

she cares more about her desire to have kids than she does about her kid's well being. She then justifies that his levels "are very low" and it would be "near impossible to contract" and she'll "take medication" to prevent the child from getting HIV. she doesn't understand that even if there's a .1% chance, most any mother wouldn't consider it. She's sick in the head.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My df has it. He was stupid after his ex killed their dd fucked a married woman. He got it. Now me and him are ttc and i will probably end up with it. It contrary to popular belief is NOT a death sentence

You must be joking.  I'm really hoping you are. 

No it's not a death sentence but it's very seriou and I would hope that one has the wherewithal mentally to not intentionally infevt themself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM

My DH stepbrother has HIV

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Yes, someone very close to me was infected and subsequently died as a result of HIV.

I never, never thought of it as a punishment.  

I've had friends with HIV and it didn't change my feelings toward them one iota.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)