Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Husband left me behind and didn't come back!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 33 Replies
So, we went on vacation to visit my family in NC since we haven't seen them in over a year. I was super happy because I am very close with my family, and my mom was going to let me drive my car while we were there so we didn't have to get a rental. My mom has been keeping up with minor repairs and keeping the gas tank full so she could drive it to work(she worked about 5 miles down the road). We got there and visited then decided to return the rental we had to get to get there where my family lives(we took a space a flight and it stopped in WV). We got about halfway to RDU from my mom's in Smithfield and my car just quit! I was doing 80-85 right behind my hubby in the rental the whole time when my car just stopped accelerating. I pulled over and the only thing it would do is idle... Wouldn't even rev unless I had it in park. So, I cut off the engine then it wouldn't cut back on anymore... I had no phone since we are living overseas and the roaming charges are astronomical. I had to sit in 104 degree heat on the median of a VERY busy highway waiting for someone to come along. Thankfully, the State trooper came along about 10 minutes after I cut the engine off. I called my mom and she didn't make it until 40 minutes later, but the trooper let me and our 11 month old sit in his SUV.... My husband never came back for me! We didn't know exactly where he was going at the time, so we just waited. Finally 4 almost 5 hours later I get a call from my dad that he was there(he lives in a different county)! Turns out he turned the rental in and got a cab back to my dad's O_o The kicker is that he fell asleep in the cab, so he had to turn around several times because he didn't know my dad's addy. The bill for that shit was $160!!! He could have paid $60 and just kept the rental for another day! My husband is really book smart and sweet... I did not expect him to just leave me behind with our son like that lol. Looking back I can laugh but not then... He felt really bad once we talked and I reiterated that I had no idea where we were going, and that I wasn't lost, and that if I had been I would have still stopped on the side to wait for him.

Needless to say I was one pissed bitch! He made up for it by buying me food and clothes lol.

Has anyone else ever had this happen or something like it? How did you react? How would you react if it's never happened to you?

Trang, if you read this don't tell my husband I put this on Cafemom lmao!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife0424
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM
What is wrong with your dh! My husband would of been looking for me immediately!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM

woooow! my SO would come back right away!!!

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Oh heck no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I honestly don't know what was running through his mind... He's not very good with common sense sometimes but this took the cake! He just said he thought I was right behind him and that when he didn't see me behind him he thought I got lost and went back to my dad's.... I still don't get his logic and this was almost a month ago lol.

Quoting armywife0424:

What is wrong with your dh! My husband would of been looking for me immediately!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Same here.

Quoting armywife0424:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Why are you driving 85 with a baby!?
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM
My DH would have noticed immediately if I was no longer behind him. I would have been livid if he would have done that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife0424
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM
What I dont understand is how he feel asleep in the cab!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I honestly don't know what was running through his mind... He's not very good with common sense sometimes but this took the cake! He just said he thought I was right behind him and that when he didn't see me behind him he thought I got lost and went back to my dad's.... I still don't get his logic and this was almost a month ago lol.

Quoting armywife0424:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Yeah mine would have freaked if he looked back and I was gone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you driving 85 with a baby!?

That's all you got out of that post? LOL

I lived overseas with my kids and we drove the autobahn regularly.....averaging between 90-100mph.

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)