Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SHOW ME THE PROOF

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
MAN wrote the bible! Show me proof everything in the Bible is real and not just a story to read.

Who had the PROOF mary was a virgin?

Who has PROOF eve is the one who ate the fruit?

Who has poof satan was the snake?

REMEMBER PROOF IS SOMETHING YOU CAN SEE WITH YOUR EYES AND TOUCH! FAITH IS NOT PROOF!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (191-200):
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Why does it bother you what others believe? There are tons of things that can't be proven that ppl believe. Even some things that have "proof" could be altered/ fake like you believe the bible to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hasn't been copied. Lilth was Adams wife before eve. There were actually a few before eve. That's nite mentioned except maybe 1 time and doesn't even reference her name. Just the idea of her.
Make it soft? Um history bookd are not rewritten to make history 'soft'

What happened happened. Why sugar coat it? Oh yea to make christianity look good. That argument is null and void.
Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

Techincally the bible hasn't been rewritten. It has been copied from original Greek- Hebrew manuscripts and then translated to various languages. Changes that have been made were done so to keep up with modern language, or revised to be more "soft" for children, black women, different ethnic groups, etc. there are thousands of denominations and new religions being created all based off the Old & New Testaments.

Quoting Anonymous:

And how many versions are there?

How many times is it rewritten?

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

All the proof I need :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oostera
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

The Census

The Jewish historian Josephus recorded that in the year 6–7,[9] after the exile of Herod Archelaus (one of the sons and successors of Herod the Great), Quirinius (in Greek, Κυρήνιος, sometimes transliterated Cyrenius), a Roman senator, became governor (Legatus) of Syria, while an equestrian assistant named Coponius was assigned as the first governor (Prefect) of the newly-created Iudaea Province. These governors were assigned to conduct a tax census for the Emperor in Syria and Iudaea.[10]

Now Cyrenius, a Roman senator, and one who had gone through other magistracies, and had passed through them till he had been consul, and one who, on other accounts, was of great dignity, came at this time into Syria, with a few others, being sent by Caesar to be a judge of that nation, and to take an account of their substance. Coponius also, a man of the equestrian order, was sent together with him, to have the supreme power over the Jews. Moreover, Cyrenius came himself into Judea, which was now added to the province of Syria, to take an account of their substance, and to dispose of Archelaus's money;

Josephus links the census to an uprising led by Judas of Galilee. The most likely cause was the association between censuses and taxation, although there is a common belief that there could have been religious objections stemming from a biblical account of Satan inciting King David to take a census.[11] Although Josephus implies the uprising had little immediate success, he regarded their actions as the beginning of a Zealot movement that encouraged armed resistance to the Roman empire, culminating eventually in the First Jewish-Roman War.[12]

The leaders of the uprising claimed that the census and taxation associated with it were tantamount to slavery. It is unclear as to whether this was based on the fact that for the first time in many years they were to pay taxes to a foreign power, or simply that they feared the tax burden would be too high; it has been argued that the combination of Roman and Jewish religious taxes was no higher a burden than in the neighbouring provinces.

In any case, it was not unusual for the Roman census process to provoke resistance; a provincial census in the year 10 caused an uprising in Pannonia, and the revolt of Arminius may have been caused by Varus’ decision to start taxing the region in 9, even though the area had been under Roman rule since 12 BC.[13] In 36, the tribe of the Clitae, subjects of Archelaus of Cappadocia, objected to attempts by him to impose a Roman-type census on them for the purpose of paying tribute, and the ensuing revolt had to be put down by a force sent by the governor of Syria.[14]

Augustus is known to have taken a census of Roman citizens at least three times, in 28 BC, 8 BC, and 14.[15] There is also evidence that censuses were taken at regular intervals during his reign in the provinces of Egypt and Sicily, important because of their wealthy estates and supply of grain.[16] In the provinces, the main goals of a census of non-citizens were taxation and military service.[17] The earliest such provincial census was taken in Gaul in 27 BC; during the reign of Augustus, the imposition of the census provoked disturbances and resistance.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius

Quoting Anonymous:

on sheepskin with what?

Do you have prove of this alleged first census?

Quoting Oostera:

It is the same as anything in history. History is written by the victors, I believe the saying goes. I believe they wrote on parchment or sheep skin. You do realize that the first census ever taken was around the time of Jesus' birth, right? What do you think they wrote on for that?

Quoting Anonymous:

What was it written with? What was it written on? Where wad it kept? How do you know the truth was written and not written to make some look good and some look bad?

You dont know this.

Quoting Oostera:

Because the people that were THERE wrote the book. Just like other history records.That doesn't make it wrong by default or mean that anyone should stop saying it. We don't just ignore history because we weren't there to know EXACTLY what happened. That would be silly.

I'm glad that you find comfort in your religion (which by description I think must be close to Buddhist or Wiccan) however most religions in the world claim to be THE religion. It is the nature of it, someone has to be right.

Just for the record, Christians believe in Christ. Christ died for our sins so that we may go to Heaven. If you do not believe in Christ then you do not accept His salvation. It's just the nature of things. I'm sorry but it takes more than just being a good person, you have to answer to someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

no my argument is not.  if it cant be proved it should not be pushed. my religion is for me and NEVER have i said people are going to hell for not believing in it. Never have i, nor have i seen anyone in the religion i am in claim that THIS is how it is period end of story. There is no BOOK that MAN wrote and we state this is how it is period, end of story. 

You proved my point, no one knows if EVE ate the apple or if mary was truely a virgin at conception of Jesus. So why keep say it is when there is no proof. that is the whole point and thank you for helping me to prove it 

Quoting Oostera:

Assumed, I suppose.

Who in this day and age can prove any of those things. They happened in history and are subject to the times. There is some scientific evidence that a lot of what is stated in the Bible may have actually occurred, such as the parting of the sea (there were chariot fragments discovered at the bottom) and Jesus' existence. No one can prove Eve ate the apple because Eve is only a figure in history. She has long since turned to dust, so there is no way to examine the contents of her stomach any more than we could examine the contents of Hilter's stomach to see if he really killed himself. Your argument is erroneous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who said I'm without religion?

Quoting Oostera:

Why is it that people without religion are always trying to tear down people with faith? What do you gain from a world of people with no one to answer to?

Oostera
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Parchment Was Used Before Paper Was Invented

Scroll Parchment was an ancient writing material made from the processed skins of animals, most often that of calves, sheep and goats. Much more durable than papyrus, parchment was widely used until the invention of paper.

The name is thought to be derived from Pergamum (see The Seven Churches), an ancient city of Asia Minor (today Turkey) where parchment is said to have been invented in the second century B.C. Although skins had been used much earlier, the new method of processing made possible the writing on both sides of a manuscript page, which resulted in the replacing of the rolled manuscript with the bound pages of the codex ("book").

The finest parchment, known as vellum, was made from the more delicate skin of a very young calf or lamb. The term was widened to include any very fine parchment. Vellum up to about the 6th century A.D. was of very high quality, but increased demand thereafter resulted in inferior material being used.

Vellum also included a very sumptuous version that was dyed purple (considered a "royal" color), and had silver or gold used in the inscribed writing. The purple dye fell out of favor, but the "illuminated" parchment in silver and gold continued.

In modern times, the terms vellum and parchment have been used for a type of high quality paper with a special finish.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2003/20030214.htm

As for the "using what" comment: "writting tools" have been used since the beginning of man. Cave man carved in the cave walls. Natives used crushed berries as dye and ink. Reeds, feather quills, bamboo, wax, etc. Man was not made imbeciles, we used to know how to use the world around us. Google it:)

Quoting Anonymous:

on sheepskin with what?

Quoting Oostera:

It is the same as anything in history. History is written by the victors, I believe the saying goes. I believe they wrote on parchment or sheep skin. You do realize that the first census ever taken was around the time of Jesus' birth, right? What do you think they wrote on for that?

Quoting Anonymous:

What was it written with? What was it written on? Where wad it kept? How do you know the truth was written and not written to make some look good and some look bad?

You dont know this.

Quoting Oostera:

Because the people that were THERE wrote the book. Just like other history records.That doesn't make it wrong by default or mean that anyone should stop saying it. We don't just ignore history because we weren't there to know EXACTLY what happened. That would be silly.

I'm glad that you find comfort in your religion (which by description I think must be close to Buddhist or Wiccan) however most religions in the world claim to be THE religion. It is the nature of it, someone has to be right.

Just for the record, Christians believe in Christ. Christ died for our sins so that we may go to Heaven. If you do not believe in Christ then you do not accept His salvation. It's just the nature of things. I'm sorry but it takes more than just being a good person, you have to answer to someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

no my argument is not.  if it cant be proved it should not be pushed. my religion is for me and NEVER have i said people are going to hell for not believing in it. Never have i, nor have i seen anyone in the religion i am in claim that THIS is how it is period end of story. There is no BOOK that MAN wrote and we state this is how it is period, end of story. 

You proved my point, no one knows if EVE ate the apple or if mary was truely a virgin at conception of Jesus. So why keep say it is when there is no proof. that is the whole point and thank you for helping me to prove it 

Quoting Oostera:

Assumed, I suppose.

Who in this day and age can prove any of those things. They happened in history and are subject to the times. There is some scientific evidence that a lot of what is stated in the Bible may have actually occurred, such as the parting of the sea (there were chariot fragments discovered at the bottom) and Jesus' existence. No one can prove Eve ate the apple because Eve is only a figure in history. She has long since turned to dust, so there is no way to examine the contents of her stomach any more than we could examine the contents of Hilter's stomach to see if he really killed himself. Your argument is erroneous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oostera:

Why is it that people without religion are always trying to tear down people with faith? What do you gain from a world of people with no one to answer to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Judgment huh. So much for following the Bible.
Btw there is more to hell than that ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not proof

Quoting Anonymous:

IT HAS TO DO WITH FAITH.

hell is a place of suffering and punishment in an afterlife, often after resurrection.

<<<< And thats where you are going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Why are you using Jewish?

And I believe most of the Bible is a story.

Dont see where you have proven anything christian wise

Quoting Oostera:

The Census

The Jewish historian Josephus recorded that in the year 6–7,[9] after the exile of Herod Archelaus (one of the sons and successors of Herod the Great), Quirinius (in Greek, Κυρήνιος, sometimes transliterated Cyrenius), a Roman senator, became governor (Legatus) of Syria, while an equestrian assistant named Coponius was assigned as the first governor (Prefect) of the newly-created Iudaea Province. These governors were assigned to conduct a tax census for the Emperor in Syria and Iudaea.[10]

Now Cyrenius, a Roman senator, and one who had gone through other
magistracies, and had passed through them till he had been consul, and
one who, on other accounts, was of great dignity, came at this time into
Syria, with a few others, being sent by Caesar to be a judge of that
nation, and to take an account of their substance. Coponius also, a man
of the equestrian order, was sent together with him, to have the supreme
power over the Jews. Moreover, Cyrenius came himself into Judea, which
was now added to the province of Syria, to take an account of their
substance, and to dispose of Archelaus's money;

Josephus links the census to an uprising led by Judas of Galilee. The most likely cause
was the association between censuses and taxation, although there is a
common belief that there could have been religious objections stemming
from a biblical account of Satan inciting King David to take a census.[11] Although Josephus implies the uprising had little immediate success, he regarded their actions as the beginning of a Zealot movement that encouraged armed resistance to the Roman empire, culminating eventually in the First Jewish-Roman War.[12]

The leaders of the uprising claimed that the census and taxation
associated with it were tantamount to slavery. It is unclear as to
whether this was based on the fact that for the first time in many years
they were to pay taxes to a foreign power, or simply that they feared
the tax burden would be too high; it has been argued that the
combination of Roman and Jewish religious taxes was no higher a burden
than in the neighbouring provinces.

In any case, it was not unusual for the Roman census process to
provoke resistance; a provincial census in the year 10 caused an
uprising in Pannonia, and the revolt of Arminius may have been caused by Varus’ decision to start taxing the region in 9, even though the area had been under Roman rule since 12 BC.[13] In 36, the tribe of the Clitae, subjects of Archelaus of Cappadocia,
objected to attempts by him to impose a Roman-type census on them for
the purpose of paying tribute, and the ensuing revolt had to be put down
by a force sent by the governor of Syria.[14]

Augustus is known to have taken a census of Roman citizens at least three times, in 28 BC, 8 BC, and 14.[15]
There is also evidence that censuses were taken at regular intervals
during his reign in the provinces of Egypt and Sicily, important because
of their wealthy estates and supply of grain.[16] In the provinces, the main goals of a census of non-citizens were taxation and military service.[17]
The earliest such provincial census was taken in Gaul in 27 BC; during
the reign of Augustus, the imposition of the census provoked
disturbances and resistance.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius

Quoting Anonymous:

on sheepskin with what?

Quoting Oostera:

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know this.

Quoting Oostera:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oostera:

Assumed, I suppose.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oostera:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
And water and rain wash those away in regards to berries and stone

Quoting Oostera:

Parchment Was Used Before Paper Was Invented

Scroll

Parchment was an ancient writing material made from the processed skins
of animals, most often that of calves, sheep and goats. Much more
durable than papyrus, parchment was widely used until the invention of
paper.

The name is thought to be derived from Pergamum (see The Seven Churches), an ancient city of Asia Minor (today Turkey) where parchment is said to have been invented in the second
century B.C. Although skins had been used much earlier, the new method
of processing made possible the writing on both sides of a manuscript
page, which resulted in the replacing of the rolled manuscript with the
bound pages of the codex ("book").

The finest parchment, known as vellum, was made from the more delicate
skin of a very young calf or lamb. The term was widened to include any
very fine parchment. Vellum up to about the 6th century A.D. was of very
high quality, but increased demand thereafter resulted in inferior
material being used.

Vellum also included a very sumptuous version that was dyed purple
(considered a "royal" color), and had silver or gold used in the
inscribed writing. The purple dye fell out of favor, but the
"illuminated" parchment in silver and gold continued.

In modern times, the terms vellum and parchment have been used for a type of high quality paper with a special finish.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2003/20030214.htm

As for the "using what" comment: "writting tools" have been used since the beginning of man. Cave man carved in the cave walls. Natives used crushed berries as dye and ink. Reeds, feather quills, bamboo, wax, etc. Man was not made imbeciles, we used to know how to use the world around us. Google it:)

Quoting Anonymous:

on sheepskin with what?

Quoting Oostera:

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know this.

Quoting Oostera:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oostera:

Assumed, I suppose.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oostera:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
You are stupid!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not proof

Quoting Anonymous:

IT HAS TO DO WITH FAITH.

hell is a place of suffering and punishment in an afterlife, often after resurrection.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

You are stupid!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not proof

Quoting Anonymous:

IT HAS TO DO WITH FAITH.

bluespagan
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Why do people need proof in order to have faith in something?  Sometimes the proof is as simple as life experiences that drive that person to a specific belief system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
My husband has a theory about Mary having sex with a guard but was to scared to tell anyone. So she became the "virgin" Mary.

Just a theory but makes more since I guess
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)