Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SHOW ME THE PROOF

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
MAN wrote the bible! Show me proof everything in the Bible is real and not just a story to read.

Who had the PROOF mary was a virgin?

Who has PROOF eve is the one who ate the fruit?

Who has poof satan was the snake?

REMEMBER PROOF IS SOMETHING YOU CAN SEE WITH YOUR EYES AND TOUCH! FAITH IS NOT PROOF!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (211-220):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM
It's still a hypothesis. It's not proven.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You're over-simplifying the issue. If one takes the Bible literally, the Earth is only about 6,000 years old. There is a mountain of evidence that the Earth is millions of years old. This alone proves that the Bible isn't accurate.

Quoting Anonymous:

All books have been written by man. The books that tell about history, tell us about things that happened before we were born. We've been taught about things in history based on what books have said. Does that make every piece of history written by men non-exsistent?

Let's take all the history written in the bible away. Where do you suggest we "start" the world, or when the first human came to be?

We didn't live back then, none of us were there and that also includes 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, and early 1900's. Can we prove everything that is written by men in those years, either,NO!

Everything CANNOT be proven, were you there??

That's like you writing a book, and centuries later, someone asking "Where's the proof?"

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Throwing around words like "hypothesis" does not make you look smart. I don't have time to explain to you how science works right now, but you really ought to learn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You're over-simplifying the issue. If one takes the Bible literally, the Earth is only about 6,000 years old. There is a mountain of evidence that the Earth is millions of years old. This alone proves that the Bible isn't accurate.

Quoting Anonymous:

All books have been written by man. The books that tell about history, tell us about things that happened before we were born. We've been taught about things in history based on what books have said. Does that make every piece of history written by men non-exsistent?

Let's take all the history written in the bible away. Where do you suggest we "start" the world, or when the first human came to be?

We didn't live back then, none of us were there and that also includes 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, and early 1900's. Can we prove everything that is written by men in those years, either,NO!

That's like you writing a book, and centuries later, someone asking "Where's the proof?"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM

exactly.  thank you

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Throwing around words like "hypothesis" does not make you look smart. I don't have time to explain to you how science works right now, but you really ought to learn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Could you share that please

Quoting cherryblosso883:

* takes my seat*popcorn

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

i like you.  i have been mobile during most of these so i couldnt do what your doing but thank you

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

He created an algorithm, huh? The man seems to give a good presentation, but he's acting like he's the first person to come up with the Kuzari Proof. This proof has been rebutted, many times.

1. Mass revelation is not unique to Judaism.

http://orthoprax.blogspot.com/2007/06/aztecs-national-revelation.html

2. We do know that the Jews "forgot their history" and had to be retold. It's in the Torah. This is your "Fred".

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Kings+23&version=NIV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Nehemiah+8&version=KJV

3. Having the benefit of dozens generations, it's not hard to exaggerate an event. The oldest fragments of the Torah are from the second century BCE. And we know oral history was just as much a foundation for Judaism as written. It could have very well been just a dozen people that were duped into believing that they heard God speak. Those dozen people could go on to produce thousands, then millions of descendants. I don't believe DNA evidence proves millions of Jews even existed at the time the Sinai event supposedly occurred. Quite the opposite, in fact. 

4. Mass hysteria is well documented. 

http://listverse.com/2009/03/16/top-10-bizarre-cases-of-mass-hysteria/

5. Kelemen gives examples of following shocking commandments like circumcision as proof that there was a mass revelation. One could just as easily point to the repeated breaking of commandments by the Jews as evidence that they did not experience this. I mean, really, they were worshipping a golden calf just shortly after their great revelation! Doesn't seem like they were all that impressed to me!

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0232.htm#1

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Where

Quoting momto2boys973:

There's no proof, there's evidence.

Sharon

Here, for starters

Here's a written version, but I recommend the video more:

Proof Torah is True

Sharon

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Thank you! Really, the golden calf thing alone discredits the whole mass revelation. One day your whole tribe is hearing God himself speak, then the next day you're giving up all your gold, casting a new god and worshipping it? Doesn't exactly look like they were very convinced.

Quoting Anonymous:

i like you.  i have been mobile during most of these so i couldnt do what your doing but thank you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
True.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Thank you! Really, the golden calf thing alone discredits the whole mass revelation. One day your whole tribe is hearing God himself speak, then the next day you're giving up all your gold, casting a new god and worshipping it? Doesn't exactly look like they were very convinced.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM
You questioning about the "proof".
There's your proof.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Science thrives on hypothesis. Thank you, but no lesson needed.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting Anonymous:

cherryblosso883
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Ohyes *hands over some popcorn*.

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

Could you share that please

Quoting cherryblosso883:

* takes my seat*popcorn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN