Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you think of people that live in public housing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and if they had a 65in tv in their living room .. . will post why in a little bit ..

ok here's why we have one ..we are NOT currently living in public housing but we are going to be living there in 6 months ... we have been on the list since 09 .. where we live now its very affordable but its already too small for us four .. and the rent here for a 3 bedroom its crazy!!
no we are not on fs just Medicaid for kids... I'm just very self-conscious of what people are going to think us living in public house with a big tv .. :/

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE LIVING RENT FREE ..  Rent is base on income ..

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Replies (111-120):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM

You do not need to be embarrassed for having to stay there what so ever.. You should be embarrassed if you or your husband or even both are not working to either climb the ranks at your current jobs, schooling or finding a better job...

There is no reason to be ashamed to use it when YOU HAVE TO, that is what it is there for a stepping stone. I have been there I had to climb my way back up..

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why I'm embarrassed .. we have lots of "nice things " not only the tv .. but Hubby has always worked. i do great at budgeting .. every income tax we buy something for our apt ..this time was new mattresses ...

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Thats wat I am thinking to.

Quoting wkukid:

Honestly, I'm going to judge anyone in public housing with nice things. It sends up a red flag to me as abusing the system. It's just how I think.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
You should be more worried about People seein you bring that big tv in and getting robbed
leanne_7845
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I know the "people" YOU are talking about.  But apparently you think that everyone on PA is like that, and it's just NOT like that.  "Those people" make people who actually NEED help look just like them, so people like you group them ALL (needy and NOT needy) together or ASSume that everyone is fucking the system.  I have no Lincoln navigator and certainly don't have rims that would amount to ANY amount of groceries.  My car is a beater mini-van with no a/c that barely runs and I thank God for it every single day!  I have NO flat screen tv's.   Only my 5 or 6 year old huge ass 500lb widescreen that my sister gave me when she bought her new flat screen.  I TOTALLY AGREE with you on why the system is there and that people DO abuse it!!!  But do YOU understand that not everyone that gets PA are abusing the system?  There ARE actually people who NEED help!!  From what I can tell, you are one of the most close-minded, one-sided, judgemental BITCH!  But thats just MY opinion.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

LMAO.. Again I see it all the time. They drive around in Lincoln navigators the rims alone on the damn thing could buy 3 months worth of grocerys YEP you see their car sitting at the welfare office...

It happens alot..

I HAVE 3 damn flat screen TV's.. I have a 47' in my living room and 2 32's in the other bedrooms, I have cable the internet. I also have 3000 in front loader washers and dryers.. But you know what I can't afford a car payment. All that mentioned was bought with my refund.. Instead of taking it and blowing out refunds we by the cars we need or we buy what we need last year we bought a new fridge and the washer and dryer.. I will have this washer for at least 10 years then I will buy again. My point to this. I still pay my rent but you know what I drive a 98 New beetle and a 2000 dodge ram.. WHY because until we are done with our education we will NOT be driving brand new damn cars ... Yet these people can afford the nice cars and the nice things in their home yet live off welfare and food stamps..

The point of the system is to better yourself to get off of it. IF YOU ARE NOT IN SCHOOL OR HAVE A JOB THAT YOU GET REGULAR RAISES AND IS GOING SOMEWHERE well then that is your damn fault that you have to live in the PROJECTS! Not mine...

Quoting leanne_7845:

That is just plain WRONG.  But at the same time, it's your perrogative.  My whole point is that people don't know the circumstances surrounding other peoples (probably complete strangers) situations.  You don't see the WHOLE picture.  They may have paid next to nothing for their "nice" things.  Maybe it came from a thrift store, or even as a gift.  Their "nice" things may not be what they seem.  Their huge 55inch widescreen TV may have been a hand-me-down from a relative.  The thing may be 5 or 6 years old, but GOD FORBID they have it because it means they have abused the system!!  *GASP*   I don't judge people like that, because I have been there...  Hell, I AM there!  That TV I just mentioned....  We have.  I have a dirty old ragged out Coach purse too!  My sister gave me that!  It's several years old, WELL used,  has paint on it and there are holes in it, but all you see is the word COACH on it, so it MUST be something that I bought cause my priorities are all kinds of fucked up, right?  My point is, don't be so quick to judge people that you don't even know.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Thats wat I am thinking to.

Quoting wkukid:

Honestly, I'm going to judge anyone in public housing with nice things. It sends up a red flag to me as abusing the system. It's just how I think.

eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Offf topic, but I love your avi!! :)

Quoting shannonnigans:

You're 8 inches away from what is considered a big screen.

More importantly, why do we care about this?

Quoting -Ruby-:

I don't have a "big screen" I guess. I am not and have never been on assistance of any kind.

Mine is 32", an old tube kind, probably from the early/mid 90's. Works just fine. Got it for $50 at a second-hand store, since we just moved back and didn't have any furniture, electronics, appliances here. Dunno how long we're going to be here or where we'll end up, why buy anything expensive? There were a bunch of TVs there too.

Why would someone need a huge flat screen when perfectly working ones are available and cheap?

Quoting shannonnigans:

If I have to worry about the size of somebody else's TV ( and btw, what TV isn't a big screen these days), please put a bullet in my brain.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I don't think I would have an opinion. Its really no ones business

taramac
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Don't really care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Thank you!!!

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Offf topic, but I love your avi!! :)

Quoting shannonnigans:

You're 8 inches away from what is considered a big screen.

More importantly, why do we care about this?

Quoting -Ruby-:

I don't have a "big screen" I guess. I am not and have never been on assistance of any kind.

Mine is 32", an old tube kind, probably from the early/mid 90's. Works just fine. Got it for $50 at a second-hand store, since we just moved back and didn't have any furniture, electronics, appliances here. Dunno how long we're going to be here or where we'll end up, why buy anything expensive? There were a bunch of TVs there too.

Why would someone need a huge flat screen when perfectly working ones are available and cheap?

Quoting shannonnigans:

If I have to worry about the size of somebody else's TV ( and btw, what TV isn't a big screen these days), please put a bullet in my brain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylovey
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I don't think anything. 

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and expecting a bouncing baby boy, Finley. 

BabyFruit Ticker

she_walk_softly
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I would not care about the tv.Im just glad I don't have to live in public housing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

If it's a flat screen you may just want to cover it up when you put it in.  My friend got her apartment broken into and her big screen tv stolen.  She wasn't even in the projects, just not the best part of town. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)