Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

church bans african american wedding!?!? wtf??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am utterly disgusted right now. A Mississippi church was all set for a wedding with an african american couple. They were regular members of the church and had been regularly attending for months. The church is predominantly caucasion but they have alot of african american members. Well the day of the rehearsal the pastor approaches and informs the couple that they could not have their wedding there. Invitations were sent out..even thank you cards for the church. Apparently members of the congregation saw a group of african american women setting up the decorations for the wedding and called the pastor. He was told that no african american wedding had ever been performed in their 150 yr old church. He was informed that if he performed the wedding he would be voted out!!! How sickening that racism is alive and well in a place that says love thy neighbor! Ugh disgusting!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Replies (21-22):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Hmm, never heard of crystal springs. I live near Gulfport and biloxi..

Quoting Anonymous:

Is crystal springs in the back woods? The church is the first methodist church of crystal springs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. Sometimes I am so embarrassed to be from Mississippi. I am so glad that atleast I am from the Coast! It seems more racist in the deep woods down here.

Sjjrb7752
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM
well I find that wrong and rude. but racisim will never really go away. you can have everyone sayin they arnt a racist but theres gunna be someone deep down thinkin or sayin somethin. just how it goes. but I do believe that was an awful tjing to do to the couple.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)