Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You can't just stop being poor.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's not that easy or simple you idiots!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Replies (151-157):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I use the internet and my laptop and ipad for my job and they don't pay for any of it. I can not do my job without internet and I can't just go somewhere for an hour or two, I have to have access all day long. 

Quoting ManicAttack:

I don't believe this.

One, if it's a necessity for work, your WORK should be paying for it.

Two, if someone is going to school and taking online classes, they can do so at a university or community college center for free.  Also, if they're TRULY poor but they're attending college, they should be getting help from the government to help them pay for the things they need for college.

It's like when people say, "I need this cell phone for work."  Your job should be paying for it, then.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Some people need the internet for work or school. It isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not easy. There are, however, actions you can take to get out of that hole. 

Try your best to save up money, plan your finances properly/carefully, do without anything you don't need, don't waste money, apply for a better job etc.

Why do you have internet if you're poor? That's the first thing. I don't consider someone that can fully afford internet (or a phone) poor. If you're really concerned, cut your internet and save the excess money up.

Being poor IS hard, and I do sympathize for those who are having financial struggles; but moping about it on the internet will do nothing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

A novel idea here. Stop popping out babies before you can even support and take care of yourselves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

The problem I see is that its easier to sit around and bitch about it than it is to fix it. What is the bitching accomplishing? Nothing. You have to want it for yourself, nobody is going to hand it to you.

I grew up poor. I knew as a kid that I will not raise my kids that way. I fucked up and had a kid as a teenager. I dealt with that. It was hard.....but I did it. We are not millionairs, but we live a pretty good life. My husband and I bring in 6 figures a year now, own our home, a business, we own 2 vehicles and have very little to pay on the last one. It IS doable, but its not easy.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Kudos to you.  = )

I think you are right.  Too many people want to piss and moan about what they dont have instead of doing anything about it.

And I am all for people going to school, but you need to be working at the same time.  It can be done.  Thousands do it every day.  It all depends on how much you want it.  You either are ambitious or your not.

Quoting Anonymous:

The problem I see is that its easier to sit around and bitch about it than it is to fix it. What is the bitching accomplishing? Nothing. You have to want it for yourself, nobody is going to hand it to you.

I grew up poor. I knew as a kid that I will not raise my kids that way. I fucked up and had a kid as a teenager. I dealt with that. It was hard.....but I did it. We are not millionairs, but we live a pretty good life. My husband and I bring in 6 figures a year now, own our home, a business, we own 2 vehicles and have very little to pay on the last one. It IS doable, but its not easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM

We aren't poor, we are living paycheck to paycheck like most people.  We hit a rough patch when my dh was laid off.  We were living off just my paycheck, it was hard.  We didn't have the internet, I used it when I was a work.  Or went to my parents and used it.  There are tons of ways to use the internet without paying for it.  The library offers computers you can use and go on the internet.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not easy. There are, however, actions you can take to get out of that hole. 

Try your best to save up money, plan your finances properly/carefully, do without anything you don't need, don't waste money, apply for a better job etc.

Why do you have internet if you're poor? That's the first thing. I don't consider someone that can fully afford internet (or a phone) poor. If you're really concerned, cut your internet and save the excess money up.

Being poor IS hard, and I do sympathize for those who are having financial struggles; but moping about it on the internet will do nothing. 

Ivory_Mom1
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Not here in Canada.  You walk in and put the application in, they say "If we want you for an interview, we will call you"....Yep, a phone is a necessity.  And a lot of places here also want you to put an application in online before you go into the store with your resume.  Sucks, but that's how it is. :(

Quoting ManicAttack:

I know many places still like to see the person that is applying for a job.  It's called pounding the pavement.

Quoting Anonymous:

All cutting phones and internet would do is make it that much harder. No phone, no call back. No internet, no putting in job applications.

We have net on our phones, and while I would LOVE to cut the $107 a month they cost us out, we really do need them

Quoting Anonymous:

Ivory_Mom1
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You can be poor and fat because if you don't eat ENOUGH, you can also gain weight.  Your body's metabolism slows down and if you eat a lot of cheap crap, you gain weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

How is it possible to be fat and poor?? I've been poor. If you are poor, you don't eat!

Just like in the Medieval times, the rich were known for their girthy tummies and the poor fed on scraps.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm both fat and poor. LOL it sucks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

its like being fat. easy to get there hard to reverse it. i feel for the fat and the poor. I've been there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN