Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am in shock...My neighbor "stole" my vegetables from my garden****UPDATE**

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM
  • 265 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yep!  We were away for a week, left 4 eggplants and 6 corn in our garden to mature along with some tomatoes and cantaloupe.  Came home on Saturday to find ALL of the eggplant  and corn gone, plus 2 cantaloupe were taken..  Not one left on the stalks and plant.  We were like WTF did the vegetables go? I was so mad,   So on   Sunday morning dh was outside with the dogs and our next door neighbor was out and asked dh how our vacation was, so dh said, "it was great, we came home and all of our vegetables were stolen"  the neighbor was like "Oh, that might have been Donna, she picked your vegetables".   REALLY???  WTF??? dh only told her to pick some ripe tomatoes if there were any... not the rest of the vegetables.   She didn't leave one corn on the stalk!!  Never mind that she took all 3 EP's (there were 3 not 4, my bad) and 2 cantaloupes!!!  I was/am so mad.  I don''t know what to say to her.  Then the thief's husband texts my dh and said, she was trying to help because she is a "farm girl" and didn't want the ep's to go bad....whatever.  I think if that was the case, why didn't she text me that she was doing that?  And why did she take the corn and cantaloupe?   

SMALL UPDATE:  So the husband of the thief came by the house last night with 3 of my eggplants and some store bought corn and cantaloupes...nice gesture.  He tried to explain again why his wife did the picking which I still say is bullcrap, but whatever.  I told him that she should've text me that this is what she did, and he agreed but, she, the thief, did not come over, did not call or text me or my dh with any sort of apology or her explanation.  She's not out of the woods, I have a few words for her personally when she decides to show her face.  :P

WOW!  I see the meanies are out today.  Don't respond if you have nothing nice to say....weren't ya'll taught that?  Jeez!!!

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anonymous69890
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM
4 moms liked this
Rude bitch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM
27 moms liked this

this is funny to me for some reason

stolen vegetables

soundslike something from 50 yrs ago

OliviasMommy611
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this
Awkward
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JC-
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM
8 moms liked this

I'd send that woman a receipt. 

If it goes bad, that sucks for you. But that is not an invitation for her to use them. 

armywife0424
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Thats extremely weird. I would probably let it go though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
she_walk_softly
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Awkward !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aaanita
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That's what I thought. 

Quoting -JC-:

I'd send that woman a receipt. 

If it goes bad, that sucks for you. But that is not an invitation for her to use them. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Boo! At least it was a real person though, ours were stolen by a groundhog lol
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM
3 moms liked this

No more sharing with that neighbor!

aaanita
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Haha, it would be funny IF I had one of those freaking EP's before she took them all.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

this is funny to me for some reason

stolen vegetables

soundslike something from 50 yrs ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN