Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since you all like to boycott companies...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you boycott every company that supports a group that you don't agree with, you're going to quickly run out of places to shop and eat. 

If you support gay marriage, then don't go to chick fil a, walmart, the salvation army, or exxon mobile, just to name a few. 

If you are anti-gay, here are the companies you need to avoid since they support gay organizations: Levis, Nike, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Starbucks, Coca Cola, Amazon, JC Penny, General Mills, and many others. 

If you are against abortion and/or planned parenthood, stay away from Pepsi, Starbucks, Verizon, The Gap, Macy's, AT&T, Avon, Bank of America, Clorox, ebay, and many more because they help fund planned parenthood. 

If you are FOR abortion and/or planned parenthood, then you should cancel your Curves membership!

If you are against the anti gun movement and think americans should have the right to possess guns, then you better boycott these companies because they fund anti gun organizations: seven eleven, AOL, Time Warner, AT&T, Ben & Jerry, Disney, Gateway, Geico, HBO, MTV, Starbucks, Blockbuster and many more. 

I could keep going......

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
CheyanneW
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this! I must steal it.

Quoting Anonymous:

This pretty much sums it up for me

sciteachr
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

This post is FANTASTIC! Where did you get all this info? Would you mind if I posted this on FB? I get so sick of reading all the posts from narrow-minded hypocrites. Now I can memorize this stuff so that whenever they say something about say....Chik fil A being so great, I can laugh and tell them they better throw out that Coke they are drinking, or stop shopping Amazon. I just want to be able to verify this though, so I don't look stupid.

KeepJeep
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I personally see nothing wrong with boycotting. We have stopped purchasing many products due to animal testing and animal by-products. We try to buy from companies that we are sure don't engage in child labor. I think boycotting is an important part of activism. I was just speaking to the point of this post.

Quoting alwayskk:

Okay, I still don't understand what's wrong with either one.

Some businesses are intelligent enough to keep their political and personal beliefs out of business. If they do that, why would I boycott them?

I'm not psychic and I'm not born with the knowledge of what everyone believs but if I start to boycott AS companies come out with their beliefs, what is wrong with that?

And furthermore, as as been said bajillions of times, this isn't ABOUT their beliefs anyway- people were upset about the charities being donated to, not simply religious beliefs.

Quoting KeepJeep:

I think, and I may just be assuming, that some people don't understand boycotting one company and not the hundreds of others that also go against your (general) beliefs. Does that make sense? I hope I got that across ok. If someone is going to boycott one place than why not boycott every other company? Again, I think that's the point of the post.

Quoting alwayskk:

I guess I'm just not getting it. Who is trying to boycott "everything"?

Quoting KeepJeep:

I agree with you and I agree with OP. This will always be a tough one because if we boycott every company that supports things we do not then we will be sitting in empty houses with no food, no clothes, etc. My husband and I pick the causes that are our biggest priorities and do the best we can to support and advocate for these causes. We simply can't boycott everything. That's why some people, like op, point this out.

Quoting alwayskk:

You know what? You're right.

Political activism is stupid. Everyone just needs to shut up and stop paying attention. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I'm going to steal this list if you don't mind. Give my MIL something to read while she is trying to rally everyone to eat at CFA to protest the protest.... She is jumping on the bandwagon and holding on for dear life!!

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
That's silly. How is it "hateful" to boycott?

Quoting sandymom1969:

You people are so hateful; especially about the Chick_FIL-A thing.  He was only expressing a personal opinion.  Shame on you! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Target doesn't support troops either.

Quoting CCCs:

Starbucks is THE ONE I avoid. They don't support our military. Our military has every walk of life. I'm sure there are more that I shouldn't support bit this is the one I know about.

Quoting nikkip1:

I will just stay out of the boycotting and keep my Starbucks.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I'm curious about this one. Can you give me more info on it. When my brother was deployed he was a Target employee. (he was reserves) They send him packages for every holiday and sent us flowers thanking our family for the sacrifice our family makes for every holiday he was gone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CCCs:

Starbucks is THE ONE I avoid. They don't support our military. Our military has every walk of life. I'm sure there are more that I shouldn't support bit this is the one I know about.

Quoting nikkip1:

lwalker270
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Really?  I've never heard that about them.  I always get a military discount when I get my SB's fix.  

Quoting CCCs:

Quoting nikkip1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Do research, call their corporate office & ask...they will tell you no.
I have stuff about it on my laptop at home. My husband is military...he told me about it.

Did you know target also doesn't support toys for tots?

Quoting Aislin:

I'm curious about this one. Can you give me more info on it. When my brother was deployed he was a Target employee. (he was reserves) They send him packages for every holiday and sent us flowers thanking our family for the sacrifice our family makes for every holiday he was gone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CCCs:

Quoting nikkip1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured