Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH seriously asked this of me ADDED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 222 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be hurt if you were in my situation and your DH suggested this?

Options:

Yes

No

other (there is always an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

His ex is moving out of state. He went to court to fight her wanting to take their two kids with her. The judge said that if he could provide a reasonable home for them, they could move in with us. Then his ex told the judge that we have a a 3 bedroom home and already have 3 children living with us (my three with my ex). So the judge said since she isn't moving for another 30 days, that's how long we have to come up with a new place big enough (he said no more then 2 people per bedroom). We don't have a room we could turn into a bedroom and there is no way we could sell the home and find a new one (even to rent) in less then 30 days and we can't afford to pay the mortgage and rent on another place not to mention, I did some research and I can't find a place that would be big enough that is for rent in the school district we are in (so my kids wouldn't have to change schools). So he said "why don't you have one of your kids move in with their dad so that there would be room". I said "HELL NO. I told you before we got married that I have full custody of my children and that will not change". I spent a LOT of money in court to fight to be able to have full custody of all 3 kids (my ex is a good person, he's just not a very responsible parent). Not one of my 3 kids want to go live with their dad. I don't think it's right to basically kick one of them out to make room for his kids. Also, if one of my kids moved in with their dad, they would have to switch schools because he doesn't live in our school district and there isn't anyone who could drive them to and from school everyday. I am really hurt that he would even suggest this ************************************************************************** Many of you keep saying just give them our room. The judge said that the no more the 2 per bedroom does include me and DH so in order to have them move in, we would have to have at least 4 bedrooms.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daiseymae2
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

I would be livid! Do you have a dining room or basement you can convert into a bedroom?

hope_love_dream
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM

no more than two to a room? i'm assuming some of your kids are the same sex so have two of them double up

Christy1919
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM
5 moms liked this

why do people make so many kids

rnmom4lif
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

o yeah id be pissed and id say hell no exactly like u did. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quoting daiseymae2:

I would be livid! Do you have a dining room or basement you can convert into a bedroom?

We have a basement but it is dark and damp, it would take thousands to make livable but even if we had that money, we wouldn't be able to get it done in 30 days. Our downstairs his HUGE but it's really just the kitchen, (table is in the kitchen) living room and laundry room and bathroom so it's not like there is a room we could just turn into a bedroom.
WhitleyLyles
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM

wow,I cant believe he would suggest something like that.

razmatazthespaz
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be furious that he would suggest that! I understand that he doesnt want his kids to move away but children are not replacable or interchangable...

Would it be possible to rent your current home out and move to a bigger place? I know 30 days is quick, but maybe there is something that cam be done

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I didn't read the poll so my vote was a mistake. But yes I'd be pissed.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Any way to turn your master bedroom into two rooms?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Quoting hope_love_dream:

no more than two to a room? i'm assuming some of your kids are the same sex so have two of them double up

I have 2 girls and a boy, he has 2 girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)