Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They're suing me for my baby -update-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I slept with a married man and now I'm pregnant- 36 weeks with a girl.

He told his wife when I was 12 weeks and they decided they want to raise my baby and they want me completely out of the picture.

When she's born they will be taking me to court to try to adopt her and relinquish all of my parental rights. They said it would be best for everybody if I sign willingly, take $15k for a "fresh start" and disappear.

:-( he used to tell me he'd leave his wife for me now he's trying to take my baby to let her raise it. What would you do?

UPDATE-Since there are so many replies I will answer some questions here.

1. Thank you to all of those who offered advice and support. I'm contacting some local agencies to see what kind of resources are available to me.

2. I'm not interested in giving up my baby. I want her to have the best life possible with her dad and I but if it's not an option she'll always have me.

3. I'm not a druggie or anything. I've made bad choices but I learned A LOT.

4. I haven't been in the news or anything. This whole thing has ben hush hush. Nobody is trying to buy my baby they are just offering me money for hospital bills, moving, getting a fresh start after baby etc. this isn't uncommon for adoptive parents.

Another update!!
**Thank you all for telling me to get help. There is a legal aid program that is going to help me fill out any and all paperwork. They connected me to another caseworker who said I qualify for housing, SNAP (food stamps), and TANF (cash)! Now I'll be able to comfortably raise my baby girl.. I do work but not much especially because of pregnancy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard this story somewhere before.........
myboysRmyhero
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell them ill see them in court and that itll be a cold day in hell before they got my child! Btw make sure you tell your lawyer and the judge they tryed to buy you off and that wont look to good on them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amada
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Sleeping with a married man was indeed a mistake....that said, they have no right to try to take your baby. They need to suck it up and deal with thier situation...intelligently. Good luck, mama...and get an attorney. 

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You have rights; they can't completely cut you out. Chances are they'll either get partial custody or, if you're breastfeeding, just visitation until she's a little older. It would be best for THEM, but would it be for you? If you want her, don't just give her up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Fight and win. They can't take the baby unless you are unfit. But he will get visitation, so be prepared for that.

ltmana
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Legally they can't do that..unless you prove to be unfit. Bribing for a child is also illegal I'm pretty sure. You can't PAY someone for their baby. I just saw this on Dr Phil.lol
Also, get a lawyer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
1 mom liked this
Fight tooth and nail for my baby. Look out, here comes mama bear!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you are a complete incompetent crack whore, no judge in America will take a baby from it's mother.
Stay calm and keep your head up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Bump
little.knickers
1 mom liked this
Fight. If you want that baby...fight. It shouldn't be hard to convince a lawyer/court that that 15,000 was to BUY the baby from you. They are using money to try to get you to give up the baby. They are giving you 15,000 in exchange for a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)