Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They're suing me for my baby -update-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I slept with a married man and now I'm pregnant- 36 weeks with a girl.

He told his wife when I was 12 weeks and they decided they want to raise my baby and they want me completely out of the picture.

When she's born they will be taking me to court to try to adopt her and relinquish all of my parental rights. They said it would be best for everybody if I sign willingly, take $15k for a "fresh start" and disappear.

:-( he used to tell me he'd leave his wife for me now he's trying to take my baby to let her raise it. What would you do?

UPDATE-Since there are so many replies I will answer some questions here.

1. Thank you to all of those who offered advice and support. I'm contacting some local agencies to see what kind of resources are available to me.

2. I'm not interested in giving up my baby. I want her to have the best life possible with her dad and I but if it's not an option she'll always have me.

3. I'm not a druggie or anything. I've made bad choices but I learned A LOT.

4. I haven't been in the news or anything. This whole thing has ben hush hush. Nobody is trying to buy my baby they are just offering me money for hospital bills, moving, getting a fresh start after baby etc. this isn't uncommon for adoptive parents.

Another update!!
**Thank you all for telling me to get help. There is a legal aid program that is going to help me fill out any and all paperwork. They connected me to another caseworker who said I qualify for housing, SNAP (food stamps), and TANF (cash)! Now I'll be able to comfortably raise my baby girl.. I do work but not much especially because of pregnancy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Replies (481-489):
Christy1919
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I'm quoting the wrong person but I don't want to roll back and find her post.... Holy crap you believed your husband that it was a
Drunken one night stand ? Hahahahah nice and now he has you raising the child. Dude

Quoting mirandabader:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hopefully the married couple wins.

My husband cheated on me 10 years ago, it was a drunken one night stand and resulted in a pregnancy.  The bitch tried to blackmail my husband, we are well off, after doing a background search and some detective work of her own she found this out.  She was all kinds of crazy.  We had all kinds of evidence that she was pregnant with my husband's baby (she called him and left him voicemails, some emails and some texts). 

She tried to flee the state while she was 6 months pregnant.  We spent $20,000 hiring a PI (found her in 2 months)  and another $50,000 on an attorney.  In the end we proved her to be unfit and won full custody of the baby.  That kid has called me mom for nearly 10 years.

When you choose the action, you choose the consequence, OP.  Poor choices lead to lots of heart ache.

Why does your husband having an affair give you claim to another woman's baby? He would have a claim to be in the baby's life, but you don't have any claim to the child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babygurl5412
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM

hows it going now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM
No changes yet aside from my update. Not much I can do until she is born.

Quoting Babygurl5412:

hows it going now?

spotsmom
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM

They cannot take your baby, period. They can't take you to court and "sue" you for your baby. They are just trying to scare you. DO NOT put this guys name on the birth certificate, and start telling him NOW that you slept with some other guy while you were with him and that the OTHER guy is really the father. Do not ever, EVER trust this person with your child. You could go the route of trying to have a "baby daddy/baby momma" relationship with this, guy, list him as the father, get child support, and try to cooperate with him as two a mutual parent to your child. And normally, that is what I would strongly advise. But in this situation, where the "Baby daddy" is threatening you, trying to scare you, and wants YOU completely out of your child's life, I'd say run for it, and never have anything to do with this person again. He will cause you and your child nothing but misery as long as you live, constantly dragging you through the court system, depleting you of all of your time and resources that should go to raising your child, and generally making it much, much harder to raise your child than it would be without him. And all of this will make your child miserable, too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Great, another welfare baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 90 on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Yuppers comfortably raise your little bastard off of government funding. go figure

brittani
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM
He can't do that. He's have to prove that your a bad mom but I'd still get a lawyer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Lucky you, you had enough money to take a baby away from another woman. How was she proven to be unfit? I suppose you feel as though you are some sort of saint for taking in your duh's mistake and raising it. Aren't you reminded of his infidelity every day? I'm sure I would be, but I would never stay with a cheating man kids or no kids I have more self respect than to be used as a door mat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hopefully the married couple wins.

My husband cheated on me 10 years ago, it was a drunken one night stand and resulted in a pregnancy.  The bitch tried to blackmail my husband, we are well off, after doing a background search and some detective work of her own she found this out.  She was all kinds of crazy.  We had all kinds of evidence that she was pregnant with my husband's baby (she called him and left him voicemails, some emails and some texts). 

She tried to flee the state while she was 6 months pregnant.  We spent $20,000 hiring a PI (found her in 2 months)  and another $50,000 on an attorney.  In the end we proved her to be unfit and won full custody of the baby.  That kid has called me mom for nearly 10 years.

When you choose the action, you choose the consequence, OP.  Poor choices lead to lots of heart ache.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN