Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT, EDIT AGAIN!!! My kids get coffee and beer

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have given my kids their own coffee, usually coffee milk but sometimes small regular cups. And once every few months dh will let them try sips of his beer. We don't go crazy with it and I was raised to have a couple sips of beer and I hate it now and never rebelled with alcohol because it wasn't a huge deal. Even now half the time they tell him beer is gross.

Edit
So if I am so wrong then why are most people that grew up with sips saying they hate beer now? 90% of those that tried it young don't even DRINK it. So please, I would love your thoughts on why I am so wrong.

Edit again:  400 more replies were added after the first edit so forget about that.  To those saying it is illegal, it is not in my state.  I am the parent and can give them alcohol.  I wouldn't get arrested for it, I am not teaching my kids to break laws.  If you are going to post about how illegal it is like a lot of you did then please look up the laws before you reply, I am in Texas.  I don't find one sip of beer every few months harmful.  I don't sit them down in front of super why every night or diego and crack open a beer for each of them.  I am teaching them to respect alcohol and know how to limit it and be responsible.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
she_walk_softly
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Letting kids have beer..that is so stupid .I'm assuming your just following your husbands lead on that one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboysRmyhero
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Your child your choice and in some states its totaly legal! My son enjoys coffee if i make it but im more of a hot tea person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats, the police are now tracking your IP address :) 

PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Um wow. I could see if they were teenagers, but they're toddlers/young kids. That's pretty messed up

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

And what about the other half of the times they try beer ? What are their ages ?

They say it when they see him drinking it but he may drink twice a month if that. They are 6, 4 and 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboys1st
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Ur just a really dumb immature mother...lets hope u dnt get them hooked on drugs

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myboys1st:

Did very well in all classes and, gasp, didn't drink while pregnant. There is a difference IMO with a developing fetus and a three, four, and six year old with a tiny sip of beer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Wine has many health benefits and rarely do u meet a teen who abuses wine lol beer however not so much on either

Quoting maureen813:

In many European countries, children are regularly given a small glass of wine with the evening meal and some of these countries have some of the lowest rates of alcoholism in the world! Why? Well because it is culturally accepted and not forbidden to include alcohol as part of a meal and the children learn to drink in a moderate and responsible manner.  In terms of coffee, my aunt used to give us small cups of coffee ( mostly milk) in fancy cups from time to time and we thought the whole thing was extra special and very grown up. Pure bliss for us and forty years latter, i still remember the smell and taste of that delicious coffee!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-__-
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Losers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Quoting maureen813:

In many European countries, children are regularly given a small glass of wine with the evening meal and some of these countries have some of the lowest rates of alcoholism in the world! Why? Well because it is culturally accepted and not forbidden to include alcohol as part of a meal and the children learn to drink in a moderate and responsible manner.  In terms of coffee, my aunt used to give us small cups of coffee ( mostly milk) in fancy cups from time to time and we thought the whole thing was extra special and very grown up. Pure bliss for us and forty years latter, i still remember the smell and taste of that delicious coffee!

This is EXACTLY where I come from on both the coffee and alcohol. I want to teach my kids responsibility and moderation and not have them sneak out and go crazy as teens. They don't even want a sip half the time because they know they don't like the taste and all the stigma isn't attached to it yet.
mich.el.le
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Holy crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Because all children are exactly like you its ok...dumb
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)