Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT, EDIT AGAIN!!! My kids get coffee and beer

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have given my kids their own coffee, usually coffee milk but sometimes small regular cups. And once every few months dh will let them try sips of his beer. We don't go crazy with it and I was raised to have a couple sips of beer and I hate it now and never rebelled with alcohol because it wasn't a huge deal. Even now half the time they tell him beer is gross.

Edit
So if I am so wrong then why are most people that grew up with sips saying they hate beer now? 90% of those that tried it young don't even DRINK it. So please, I would love your thoughts on why I am so wrong.

Edit again:  400 more replies were added after the first edit so forget about that.  To those saying it is illegal, it is not in my state.  I am the parent and can give them alcohol.  I wouldn't get arrested for it, I am not teaching my kids to break laws.  If you are going to post about how illegal it is like a lot of you did then please look up the laws before you reply, I am in Texas.  I don't find one sip of beer every few months harmful.  I don't sit them down in front of super why every night or diego and crack open a beer for each of them.  I am teaching them to respect alcohol and know how to limit it and be responsible.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (91-100):
razmatazthespaz
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Some states allow for parents to give small children small amounts of alcohol in the home.... Depending on the state it is perfectly legal

Quoting myboys1st:

U r indeed

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fyi child heart attacks are becoming more and more common (I have to regularly take CPR and first aid for my job) they can do without the caffiene and beer.

I would also take into consideration that while your children are just getting "sips" of beer the idea of its wrong since there are laws. Children need to be taught respect for authority and respect for laws

I'm not doing anything illegal at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Dork.
Quoting GingerNeeSmith:

myboys1st
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Actually is not..ur trying to be Kool parent by giving ur kids beer..ctfu

Quoting Anonymous:

Spelling cool with a k is so uncool -_-

Quoting myboys1st:

I beat i do being ur so childish that drinking is kool

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myboys1st:

You make me laugh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Clearly you aren't. It only takes a few sips of alcohol to harm small children. Children can have reactions to the hops and other beer ingredience and alcohol is not healthy for anyone. Instead of idolizing alcohol, which is what you are doing "daddy drinks it. It's cool and daddy gives us sips" making it into a special thing. You should e teaching them about alcohol, abuse and responsiblity. I was never given a few sips of alcohol as a child and I never rebelled with it because I was raised right. I dont drink. I've tried beer when I was 19 once and disliked it and wine at 20 and disliked it and lost all interest in trying it. Coffee is terrible for children, stains their teeth and can harm their growth. It has been proven time an time again. Mother of the year over here! Sigh*

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myboys1st:

R you dumb? seriously ill ask before ur post gets long

Nope, I am actually a very smart person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM
My oldest kids drink coffee. In fact, my oldest just put a pot on.
Anonymous
My kids drink ice tea...EVERYDAY...lmao
myboys1st
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I doubt at those kids ages

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

Some states allow for parents to give small children small amounts of alcohol in the home.... Depending on the state it is perfectly legal

Quoting myboys1st:

U r indeed

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fyi child heart attacks are becoming more and more common (I have to regularly take CPR and first aid for my job) they can do without the caffiene and beer.

I would also take into consideration that while your children are just getting "sips" of beer the idea of its wrong since there are laws. Children need to be taught respect for authority and respect for laws

I'm not doing anything illegal at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Lived in Europe for years and it's not a big deal at all. They have the lowest rate of alcohol abuse in the world. The US of course, where this kind of thing is taboo, has the most alcoholics of any other country. I don't see how people don't get the correlation and that is strange to me.
beerabitch69
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my beer. And I won't share with kids. Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I was raised on sips of wine so it's all good... My oldest (10) had a sip of red wine and he thought it was the nastiest thing ever lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)