Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling your man "daddy" **edit**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I hear a grown ass woman call her man "Daddy", it makes me want to vomit.  I envision a ho calling her pimp that.  Not cute.  Also it says that you have Daddy issues.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: I am not talking about when you refer to your SO as "Daddy" when talking to your kids.  You are not going to tell your kid, "Hey kid, (SO's name here) wants you!  Go to (SO's name here)!"

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I don't say it at all makes me feel like I'm refering to my father and he passed away when i was a baby it makes me feel weird I rather call my man babe or baby
brittani
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Ya it's weird. I only say it when talking to my kids. We both agree it's odd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marine.wifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yeah... I think it's sick and so does DH. If I ever called him Daddy as a pet name... He would probably vomit all over me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM

That's disturbing to me too

areles
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:07 AM
haha!!

Quoting Holztastic:

My ex MIL called FIL Daddy. All the time. I think it came from calling him that to the kids, and then it just stuck.

I don't think it's that weird, regardless. Better than calling him Grandpa.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM

ugh, I completely agree. My DH asked him to call him Daddy during sex and I told him not to ever ask me that again.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Well I usually tell my daughter "YO! Your father wants to speak to you!" Um but he's usually not lazy and walks the 10 feet to her. No as far as saying "oooo daddy" TACKY

anime.princess
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I call him like that, but mostly "dad" than "daddy", when he ask me to do something my real dad ask me to do (like scratch his back or make him coffee).  He is very similar to my own father.

MissyV514
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I call dh daddy often, since that is what he is called most often that is what he answers to. He also calls me momma because that is what I answer to. I don't think it is any more/less creepy than calling him babe or baby which is what I call ds. If we are being all romantic I call him my love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heyma4
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Only for the kids, like your edit says. lol.

I had a daddy, and I will not refer to my DH as daddy unless it involves our kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN