Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling your man "daddy" **edit**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I hear a grown ass woman call her man "Daddy", it makes me want to vomit.  I envision a ho calling her pimp that.  Not cute.  Also it says that you have Daddy issues.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: I am not talking about when you refer to your SO as "Daddy" when talking to your kids.  You are not going to tell your kid, "Hey kid, (SO's name here) wants you!  Go to (SO's name here)!"

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Replies (71-76):
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I find it very creepy.  "Come to Daddy."  Yep, you've effectively killed any mood. Ick.

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:11 PM

does Papi count?

stykir
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:11 PM

yeah, i only use that term talking to or about him around our kids. i think it's creepy to call him that when it's just the 2 of us. he's not my daddy!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Well, you've piqued my interest- what's unique about it? :D

Quoting Anonymous:

My boyfriend and I have a very...unique relationship and it involvese calling him Daddy. It's a different kind of relationship and it works for us.

CrickettyBoo
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I hate that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:14 PM

After a cetain age it's kinda cute.  My great aunt often referred to my great uncle as "Dad" when relating stories about what they'd been doing (NOT sexually you freaks!).  They'd been married for so long and had enough kids that I think it was just habit to call him that instead of by his name.  Once the kids had been out of the house long enough and they acquired amess of grandkids they started calling each other grandma and grandpa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)