Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband´s ex-wife is my best friend! *update in green*

Posted by   + Show Post

I am wondering if some ladies on here are actually friends with their husband´s ex. Or maybe you are the ex. Are you friends with your husband´s new wife? Do you try to get along because children are involved? Why do you like them, or why don´t you like them? 

Just to clarify: I am NOT friends with my husband´s ex. I was just wondering who of you can actually say that, and how you make this work. :) 

I wanted to say thank you to all the ladies who took the time to share their stories in this post. I understand that those are very personal stories, and I appreciate you sharing them. Thank you! :) 

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Replies (311-320):
noel1979
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:29 AM

I don't know if this counts, But i am best friends with my ex' husbands ex. We were friends before had but have become really close. I am also good friends with his new wife. Only because she is starting to see how much a prick of a man she married.. He is horrible

2callmemom09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:32 AM
No I hate the whore. She was my bff until she screwed my (now) ex! I can't stand him or her actually. If she was any other chick I wouldn't give two shits. However, I am civil with them both, cause lets face it they are in my life forever and are not horrible people. Just horrible in relationships, which thank God I never have to deal with again :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Of course that counts. He does not seem to treat his women very well...? 

Quoting noel1979:

I don't know if this counts, But i am best friends with my ex' husbands ex. We were friends before had but have become really close. I am also good friends with his new wife. Only because she is starting to see how much a prick of a man she married.. He is horrible

Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:35 AM
We have never met. She refuses to acknowledge my existence even though I am very involved with my SS, who is two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:36 AM

That´s something you would expect to hear on Maury´s. The BFF is "the other woman." I think it cannot get much worse than that, unless it is your sister (or brother even.) How did you find out about it? Did they tell you? 

Quoting 2callmemom09:

No I hate the whore. She was my bff until she screwed my (now) ex! I can't stand him or her actually. If she was any other chick I wouldn't give two shits. However, I am civil with them both, cause lets face it they are in my life forever and are not horrible people. Just horrible in relationships, which thank God I never have to deal with again :)

Billsbabygirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:48 AM
My husbands ex wife was my matron of honor in my wedding. She was my only friend for a really long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Did you guys know each other before? 

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

My husbands ex wife was my matron of honor in my wedding. She was my only friend for a really long time.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:03 AM
My aunt is actually friends with her xdh's wives. (Another ex-wife and the current wife) It's amazing, they really co-parent well. My niece and all her sisters are very well adjusted considering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billsbabygirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Nope. He introduced us. They have been divorced a long time and have two teenage boys together.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:07 AM

I am glad you all get along that well! On another note, it is not important how many "friends" you have. Quality over quantity. And as far as I can tell by what you shared, you have a great friend with her :) 

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

Nope. He introduced us. They have been divorced a long time and have two teenage boys together.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)