Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband´s ex-wife is my best friend! *update in green*

Posted by   + Show Post

I am wondering if some ladies on here are actually friends with their husband´s ex. Or maybe you are the ex. Are you friends with your husband´s new wife? Do you try to get along because children are involved? Why do you like them, or why don´t you like them? 

Just to clarify: I am NOT friends with my husband´s ex. I was just wondering who of you can actually say that, and how you make this work. :) 

I wanted to say thank you to all the ladies who took the time to share their stories in this post. I understand that those are very personal stories, and I appreciate you sharing them. Thank you! :) 

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Replies (321-330):
cjs702006
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:12 AM

I don't know my ex's current wife....I haven't seen my ex in over 18 years. She has formed an opinion of me though due to the shit he has told her about me, which not all of it is true. He is such a liar and manipulator that he probably fed her a lot of BS which I think is very unfair.

Billsbabygirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:13 AM
She is a good friend. We can have a difference in opinions without it being a major ordeal which is nice.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I am glad you all get along that well! On another note, it is not important how many "friends" you have. Quality over quantity. And as far as I can tell by what you shared, you have a great friend with her :) 

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

Nope. He introduced us. They have been divorced a long time and have two teenage boys together.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Did you guys know each other before? 

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

My husbands ex wife was my matron of honor in my wedding. She was my only friend for a really long time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:17 AM
I wish I could say that... Or at least say we are civil...:-/ I used to be a convenient babysitter till she didn't get her way in court then I was the evil one... 7 years later she's still dragging us to court making up stories...:-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:18 AM
We r friends on facebook, talk n chat randomly. But wont be good friends because hubby doesnt like his ex! And i dont wanna start a battle. We have discussed hubbys reaction to many things. We get along great. Being best friends would be nice but hubby wouldnt like it, so we arent. Posted ann cuz she is on cm.
Cristina_12
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:21 AM

I can' stand SO's ex wife because she is a gossiping meddling bitch, and she is BFF with his mother. She came into the picture (after they had been divorced for 4 years and she moved several states away and had no contact with anyone) when I was around 4 mo preg with DS (he was the first baby for both of us and the first GB for both sides of our families) and she had to make such a fuss over how much she missed ex wife and how close they were and such. It was fucking disgusting and caused so much turmoil (which SO and I needed so much of with our first baby on the way!) Future MIL is a giant bitch and we have recently cut her out of our lives (about fuckin time!). I remember right after DS was born I wanted to dye my hair again and had no one to help me as my hair was long and my mom (a saint) lives 50 miles away, so I asked MIL to help, she had plans that day. No prob that's fine, whenever you can I said, no rush I don't wanna disrupt your plans. I should add that MIL lives one street behind us and ex wife's new bf owns a restaurant down the block from us (yes it is super claustrophobic and disgusting). A little while later, DS and I are out front of our house enjoying a nice fall day when MIL and ex wife drive up in MIL's truck together in front of our house (to see if I was out) and stopped to chat. Exwife is preg with new bf baby and she stopped to rub it in my face that she wasn't helping me because she was with exwife (doing nothing important but wasting time) and decided to stop to basically rub it in my face that exwife comes first and always will. They are both awful bitches and I am so glad they are out of our lives.

dilateyourmind
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I wish I could say anything like that about my husband´s ex. But I can´t because I´d be lying. She is an awful mother because of her laziness and selfishness, and she does not stop her personal vendetta against us when it comes to my SD. Not even her own family has anything nice to say about her, but she considers herself to be a gift to human kind. 

Are you still in touch with her? 

Quoting dilateyourmind:

I got along with my ex-husbands girlfriend he had for awhile. I took in to account she is a wonderful parent to her two sons. The people I know that know her, had nothing but greta things to say about her. To bad she figured him out and left. My kid was in better hands when she was around with him.

No this has been about 3 years ago. I think she moved away with her new husband, since then.

raeS23
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM

My husband dated this chick for 3 years and thats his longest except for me. she was the one to break up with him. yes im friends with her. for awhile i didnt like her cuz she hurt him but she explained alot to me that if i wasnt so strong id probably not be with him too but i recongnize the good in him and that out weighs his bad!

L1558
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

She has energy because she is lazy and doesn't do anything. I work FT, and have a farm, and a garden, and am a parent, and have a house and yard and pool to keep up, and hobbies, and I clean, cook, shop, and do the checkbook.

I think her (new) husband does everything for her while she works part-time (at a job where she does bare minimum, my MIL works with her, got her the job when she was married to my DH). My DH used to do everything and I believe it was a culture shock when he married me and I wanted to drive the tractor, and I mowed the lawn, washed my own car, got my own gas (yep, the whore couldn't even pump her own gas), made dinner, and picked up after myself. She was so co-dependent he had to go to doctor's appts with her and pump her gas, and run with her to Walmart (I hate Walmart, but I'll do all my shopping alone and I like it that way. LOL).

It doesn't do her any good, really, other than asking for more child support (she probably already gets twice what the state would mandate, though, bc my DH is a good guy who does whatever he can-- all of our farm income goes to private school for my SS, as was their agreement before I met DH). But she's nosy and doesn't mind telling everyone in our small community whatever she can find out about us, and I'm sure that's juicy info for her (even though it's not a lot, and no big deal). Such. A. Loser.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

This woman has so much criminal energy, that´s not funny anymore. What good does it do for her to know your financial situation? Besides the fact that what she has done is so wrong on so many levels! I´d be furious, too. Completely understandable why you despise her. 

Quoting L1558:

We found out because I asked if they had mailed us a copy (they always do) after processing the application...she said that she had and wondered why i didn't get it. I verified my address, and she said "didn't you call to request it to a separate address?". Um, that would be a negative. She said, "ohhhh"....

Yep. The whore still knew his SSN# from when they were married (probably saved an old tax form or something) and used it to verify she was me. Lovely.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

She did WHAT?? How did you find out about that? Do you have proof? If so, I´d take her ass to court and sue the shit out of her! 

The words I would use to describe my husband´s ex are very similiar to the ones you used in your post about your husband´s ex LOL! 

Quoting L1558:

She is an evil, manipulative whore who cheated on my husband (when he was hers). She left him to gold-dig for a much older man (she is 38, he is now close to 60) who would buy her whatever she wanted and basically appease her until he died and left her rich. Now, that's fine for her, but she pits my stepson against his dad, makes up lies, gets into my husband's and my business (we pay for SS's schooling, the details of our financials are on the application, and she slimed her way in, pretending to be me, to get a copy back from the office for "our taxes"--- they unwittingly sent it to her home address without thinking! Ugh!). She is a lazy-assed bitch, who will con her way to get what she thinks she deserves (but doesn't), is nosy and horrid, and that's how I truly feel about her.

:)

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Holy cow! Do you sleep? At least once in a while?! Your husband definitely upgraded when he married you. I admire people who don´t shy away from a lot of work, and everything you listed is hard work! Makes me feel a little ashamed of complaining once in a while about the lousy amount of things - compared to your list - that I have to do on a daily basis. 

It doesn't do her any good since she cannot use those documents in court to justify requesting more child support. Actually, I´d have the child support modified to the state guidelines. I understand that child support is supposed to "support the child," but I am sure the court would decide in your favor. I´d put the rest in a savings account for your SS. She has way to much time on her hands to get on your nerves. That would drive me batshit crazy... 

There must be a way to shut her up, and get her off your back. Have you talked to an attorney about the crap she is is doing? 

Quoting L1558:

She has energy because she is lazy and doesn't do anything. I work FT, and have a farm, and a garden, and am a parent, and have a house and yard and pool to keep up, and hobbies, and I clean, cook, shop, and do the checkbook.

I think her (new) husband does everything for her while she works part-time (at a job where she does bare minimum, my MIL works with her, got her the job when she was married to my DH). My DH used to do everything and I believe it was a culture shock when he married me and I wanted to drive the tractor, and I mowed the lawn, washed my own car, got my own gas (yep, the whore couldn't even pump her own gas), made dinner, and picked up after myself. She was so co-dependent he had to go to doctor's appts with her and pump her gas, and run with her to Walmart (I hate Walmart, but I'll do all my shopping alone and I like it that way. LOL).

It doesn't do her any good, really, other than asking for more child support (she probably already gets twice what the state would mandate, though, bc my DH is a good guy who does whatever he can-- all of our farm income goes to private school for my SS, as was their agreement before I met DH). But she's nosy and doesn't mind telling everyone in our small community whatever she can find out about us, and I'm sure that's juicy info for her (even though it's not a lot, and no big deal). Such. A. Loser.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

This woman has so much criminal energy, that´s not funny anymore. What good does it do for her to know your financial situation? Besides the fact that what she has done is so wrong on so many levels! I´d be furious, too. Completely understandable why you despise her. 

Quoting L1558:

We found out because I asked if they had mailed us a copy (they always do) after processing the application...she said that she had and wondered why i didn't get it. I verified my address, and she said "didn't you call to request it to a separate address?". Um, that would be a negative. She said, "ohhhh"....

Yep. The whore still knew his SSN# from when they were married (probably saved an old tax form or something) and used it to verify she was me. Lovely.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

She did WHAT?? How did you find out about that? Do you have proof? If so, I´d take her ass to court and sue the shit out of her! 

The words I would use to describe my husband´s ex are very similiar to the ones you used in your post about your husband´s ex LOL! 

Quoting L1558:

She is an evil, manipulative whore who cheated on my husband (when he was hers). She left him to gold-dig for a much older man (she is 38, he is now close to 60) who would buy her whatever she wanted and basically appease her until he died and left her rich. Now, that's fine for her, but she pits my stepson against his dad, makes up lies, gets into my husband's and my business (we pay for SS's schooling, the details of our financials are on the application, and she slimed her way in, pretending to be me, to get a copy back from the office for "our taxes"--- they unwittingly sent it to her home address without thinking! Ugh!). She is a lazy-assed bitch, who will con her way to get what she thinks she deserves (but doesn't), is nosy and horrid, and that's how I truly feel about her.

:)

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I wish I could say anything like that about my husband´s ex. But I can´t because I´d be lying. She is an awful mother because of her laziness and selfishness, and she does not stop her personal vendetta against us when it comes to my SD. Not even her own family has anything nice to say about her, but she considers herself to be a gift to human kind. 

Are you still in touch with her? 

Quoting dilateyourmind:

I got along with my ex-husbands girlfriend he had for awhile. I took in to account she is a wonderful parent to her two sons. The people I know that know her, had nothing but greta things to say about her. To bad she figured him out and left. My kid was in better hands when she was around with him.

No this has been about 3 years ago. I think she moved away with her new husband, since then.

Oh that´s sad :(  I am very suprised how many women get along with the ex/new wife. Thank you so much for sharing your story :) I enjoy the positive stories a lot more than the negative ones. Some people are mature enough to swallow their pride and do what is best for the children involved (if there are any), or just because they are able to find a basis to communicate on a civil level. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)