Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think that the Internet "opens" the door for cheating spouses??

This was a question that was brought up at work during lunch break. We all, of course, had our own opinions which mostly led to the answer of YES.

What do you think? No bashing other responses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
mama_l
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:21 AM
I don't think it is the cause but it certainly helps facilitate the action.
mama_of_tw0
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I think it will happen either way really, if someone really wants to cheat they will do it with or without the internet. But, I do think that the internet makes it a lot easier for people now and days. 

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Well, I think if someone WANTS to cheat, they will do it. Though if someone doesn't plan on it, but somehow comes across something that could start them thinking, they may end up doing it. Plus, there are people who didn't know how easy it was to cheat until they find the internet. It certainly makes it easier. I just went to CL personals while waiting for my ad in clothing to get posted. My mind was BLOWN. Someone straight up said, "Wife out of town, come have fun!". I was like WHAT THE FRIGG!? Another woman was wanting to have revenge on her husband. I was just like :O

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:26 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Absolutely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:27 AM
I don't know I hope not. I would think if someone was going to cheat the Internet just makes it easier doesn't make a non cheater cheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM
I have to say NO! I cheated (not proud) and the Internet had no role in my infidelity. Many of the people that I know that have cheated on their spouses, the Internet did NOT play a role.

I think for some it may have helped, but at least for the most part, of you are going to cheat, don't leave an Internet trail. And yes even erased history can leave traces of infidelity
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this
There's a country saying here " she jumps 3 hairs of wire"
Out in the country the barn wire fence dividing a property from the next. If your wife was gonna be a cheater, nothing would stop her. If she had to hop over 3 hairs of barb wire (in the long dresses they used to wear... Nope can't go under, The dresss it white :) ) to run off with the neighbor then nothing could stop her.

People who cheat just cheat. Nothing stops them.
alinev
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Firm some yes, it is simply another avenue, for others it does open the door. FB is a great example. How many people have broken up their marriages connecting with exes or people they to know. It all seems innocent enough, but ultimately the phone call you would never make or the letter you would never send turns into an online affair, with someone you know. This is not the same as picking upSam stranger in a bar while on a business trip, it is more personal, regardless of how equally wrong it is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I think if a spouse is going to cheat they are going to no matter what avenue they choose.  Perhaps the th initial annonymity of the internet makes it easier, but I don't think that it's the pandoras box of cheating nor the door to it in and of its self-for anything can be the door.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN