Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
So I went to a wedding this weekend (one which required travel and we spent over $1000 to attend). My fiancé was a groomsman, so was required to attend a lot of pre-wedding events. The wedding was for a man that my fiancé has known since he was 6, and they are best friends. I've only seen the man a few times because he lives in another state. Now, you'd think that since my fiancé is so close with this man that he and his soon-to-be wife would be very interested in getting to know me and our son, right? I mean, we were there for a week and attended numerous events with them. They didn't speak to me or my son at all. They spoke plenty to my fiancé, though. I am disgusted. The worst part? This man is supposed to be in our wedding and I don't want him anywhere near my wedding! I watched him thank every other person that was there, and talk to everyone else. I don't think I've done anything to him for him to dislike me. Am I being too sensitive?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Trust me, I took that into consideration. But they didn't speak to me at all, but spoke to everyone else...
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:13 AM
he May have not even notices he was doing that to you wait and get to know them better away from a wedding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeetjieJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
No, whether you're in the wedding or not, if you've travelled or in any way put yourself out to be there, you should be personally acknowledged.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Assume the best until or unless you know otherwise.
When you get married you will be crazy busy with so many people to visit with.
Assume they like you and you'll get to know them better in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM

get over it.

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Idk, I might be a little upset, but weddings are stressful. Maybe try to plan something with them prior to your wedding? Wedding are so busy and stressful its really not a good time to try and get to know someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:15 AM

To sensitive. You will discover very soon that its a lot to remember when its wedding time. I myself probably did this to people and I had a very small wedding. Its very easy to get overwhelmed in the good feelings if that makes any sense.  give them another shot during a time its less stressful and active. :) 

ginnjuice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Even though we were there all week? We went site seeing twice and had at least 5 meals together. I'm trying my best to be positive about it and remember they were busy, but I watched them get to know everyone else.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM

What?  Asshole.  I mean its not like he had anything else to do or anything else on his mind. 

mom2camy
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM
What does your dh think about his friend being so rude?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)